If you aren't thin/skinny...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you aren't thin/skinny...

I don't mean this shallow and I guess healthy is far more important..

Anyway..If you aren't thin...would you choose to be?

I know this sounds awfully shallow but I don't mean it like that.

Just I know my correct weight (according to stats of official weighing machines and dare I say..Wii fit)

I know that that particular weight would make me very slim as I've been that weight.

Is personality a factor?

But what do you class as thin? I'm pretty much the ideal weight for my height (180cm, 175lbs) so I'd consider thin to mean anorexic/underweight. Yet my girlfriend's a size 10, so also average, but her best friend calls her thin/skinny.

As long as you're healthy I don't think weight really matters though. Saying that however, I do work in an industry where looks and presentation matter so I do have a bit of a fear of getting fat and if I saw myself putting on weight I would probably crash diet, which of course isn't healthy...

Comment

Are you using the metric system! I'm having to use my phone to decipher the measurements haha.

Comment

..I make out that your are around 12 stone in weight and 5.7 tall...That doesn't sound slim. (That isn't meant offensive!)

I think my ideal weight is around 11 stone and I'm nearly six foot...having been 9, 10, and 11 stone..all three of them all pretty slim.

Comment

He's using metric and imperial. I am 175cm and about 68kg or so. That's about right for my height, I feel.
          Last edited by Richard.John; 11-03-2009, 06:12.

Comment

I was taught weights and measures at Junior school but my childlike mind was more interested in filling the objects with water...(factoid) Is that the same thing!?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
              ..I make out that your are around 12 stone in weight and 5.7 tall...That doesn't sound slim. (That isn't meant offensive!)
              Sorry I thought metric was how people measured this stuff these days so gave my best guesstimates. In imperial I'm either 5'11 or 6ft (get different measurements each time, no shoes so that's not the reason lol) and somewhere between 12 and 12.5 Stone.

I don't know what Wii Fit says but the physician said BMI-wise I was about bang on.
              Last edited by dotoko; 11-03-2009, 07:16.

Comment

I'm stupid..I worked you out at 5.7. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  I'm stupid..I worked you out at 5.7. Sorry.
                  No worries, I did wonder how you came up with 5"7 though since all I did was knock an inch off 6ft lol. Just to clarify I didn't mean to say I was slim, I was merely pointing out that to me slim is underweight whereas as to a big fat fatty I'd probably be slim so I was confused as to what you were getting at.

Comment

I'm not thin and I'm trying to choose to be thinner Ideal weight for my height is about 145-150lbs and I'm 170lbs at the moment. Still much more than I want but considering I was 200lbs at the start of 2007 and 180lbs at the start of 2008 I'm heading in the right direction.

So I don't want to be thin, I just want to be the ideal weight for my height. Actually if I thought I looked a bit too skinny I'd put on a few pounds, even if it meant going over my "ideal" weight because that's just a rough guide anyway. It's almost purely health motivated, but I admit being overweight makes me feel worse about my looks, so that is a factor. I wouldn't call it shallow though.

On an unrelated note I love that fact that we've got such a mish mash of measurement systems here in the UK Bits of metric here, bits of imperial there, it's great! Confuses the crap out of my American friend too!

Comment

I will never be thin again because it makes me look like I've got aids or something.

I am 6'' and at one stage got down to 11 stone. Everyone I know seriously thought I was dying. So i Did a David Fallows and started hitting the weights etc - up to 13.5 stone, good bulk with bits of flab round the edges but it suits my frame a lot more.

I have a lot of very skinny friends (actors mainly) and that works well for them but they have always been that way - they were supposed to be thin. I'm not!

I also think having pythons is better than girl wrists too

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                        I will never be thin again because it makes me look like I've got aids or something.
                        I saw some family from Wales last weekend that I've not seen for about 3.5 years and one of them commented that I might have AIDS. Trufax!

I'm not too skinny, I've just lost a fair amount of weight over the last few years (After college I basically did no real exercise for 15 years, I've been going to the gym 4/5 times a week now for coming up to four years). I'm about 6ft and around 11.5 stone.

If you're healthy and happy with the way you look then that's all that matters.

Comment

I'm probably too thin for my age and height, but if I had to choose I'd rather be too thin than too fat!

Plus it saves the old cash when I need to buy new threads

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                            I saw some family from Wales last weekend that I've not seen for about 3.5 years and one of them commented that I might have AIDS. Trufax!
                            Good AIDS or Bad AIDS though??

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                              Good AIDS or Bad AIDS though??
                              There's a good one now?

Comment

Working...
                              X