Japan Season: 16th March-6th April BBC4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan Season: 16th March-6th April BBC4

Im sure some of the programing will be worth a watch. http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...05/japan.shtml

Thought there may be a new Japanorama in there

Comment

i love bbc4, hopefully some quality documentaries in that lot.

Comment

twilight samurai is certainly worth a watch

Comment

Happy to hear about this, but I'm not surprised there's not a new season of Japanorama. The most recent season seemed to be grasping at straws for a lot of the content, and some had been covered before I believe.

Comment

Is this likely to appear on the iplayer, I don't get BBC4 at my flat and am out of the loop with what gets put online.

Comment

really enjoyed 'In Search of Wabi Sabi' last night, fascinating to see a bit of Japan beyond Tokyo, though I like the look of the maid bars he found there.

the life of those monks at the end was pretty bleak, wonder how the hell that Polish guy ended up there.

Comment

Marcel, the chap on the trip, is the brother of Louis Theroux, isn't he?

Comment

My Japanese teacher in England said these are really good hope I can watch some.

Comment

tonight's show about fish was really good i thought.
                    great to see a programme that isnt all neon signs and city life.

definite highlight was seeing the bloke dressed as a panda and flying around for no apparent reason at all.

Comment

I thought the fish prog was the pic of the bunch so far for showing a bit of japan I hadn't seen many times before, really interesting prog, plus really liked his very dry japanese travel companion (especially when asked about eating whale and he deadpanned that personally he preferred to eat dolphin)

that 6 month old salt fermented sushi made me feel ill towards the end.

Comment

Watched that Spirited Away last night.

MADNESS!

This ...

and this...

will give me nightmares!

Enjoyed it tho!

Comment

Yes no face is scary he represents something in Japan, can`t remember what. I think I remember one of my friends saying something will try to remember to ask them or the missus. Still can`t find anywhere to watch these yet just clips. Still trawling the net in hope .

Speakin of Spirited away the meaning seems very deep did not realise this. Look at Themes and archetypes section here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirited_Away
                          Last edited by JU!; 29-03-2009, 15:03.

Comment

There used to be a large piece of graffiti between the town centre and Leeds University that said 'No face kills it' and there was a picture of no face. Some cocks graffitied some other nonsense over the top though. As much as I hate miyazaki's go-nowhere stories, it was kind of interesting seeing it up on the wall like that.

Comment

Did anybody catch last night's one, following the ex-entrepreneur and his girlfriend? Personally thought this was the gem of the lot, focusing on people where the others were all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                              X