Moral Dillemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moral Dillemma

Just thought I would share something about what happened earlier while i was in town shopping, I encountered a difficult situation, what do you guys think.

I was just returning to my car after an afternoon shopping in town, luckily I had been let out of work early as had finished all my work.

I was walking back to my car, which was parked on a sort of industrial park containing asda, carpet shops and other places like that.
    On my journey I was walking down this pathway, which is quite lonely and secluded and I saw these two little girls, they had some sort of toy tricycle or something and they appeared to be by themselves, as I got a little closer I noticed that one of them wasnt wearing any trousers, and as there werent any sign of an adult present, I presume that these children lived nearby.

Anyway I continued on my journey, but was thinking that these children were extremely vulnerable, and potentially could be in some danger, they only looked to be about 4 or so.

As I walked I considered going back and seeing if they were ok, and then try and see if I could return them home. But I worried what it might look like to anyone passing by, being a male out by myself, talking to 2 little girls.
    So I wasnt sure what to do. I couldnt just walk off without doing anything, and for a moment I reflected on the attitudes present in society, particularly about males. I think if I had been a female, I would have felt ok about going up to the children and trying to take them home. But as it was I wasnt sure what the best course of action was.

Luckily there were some shops open nearby so I had the idea of going into one of these, a sofa retailer, and basically told the assistant in the shop what I had seen, and of my concerns, initially he appeared unsure what to do, but he was able to call the local retail park security who were going to check out the situation, and presumably return the 2 children home.

With this I believe that I had done the best I could, and my conscience felt clear. What do others think of this situation? was I just being a bit paranoid in worrying? And have any other people been in similar difficult situations?

Bit sad that you can't look out for some kids for fear of being branded a perv just because you talked to them....

Comment

I think you are right! I was probably just worrying for nothing.
      Last edited by baad bwoy; 27-03-2009, 19:19.

Comment

Not as extreme as badd bwoy story but the other day I saw a ditressed mother looking for her wee boy in asda, I passed her down an ailse and then saw a wee boy wandering shouting mum.

I said to the wee man wait here your mum is just up there, some random female with a kid of her own (might I add) shot me a look over her shoulder which made me uneasy, then 2 mins later the mum comes round the corner.

By this time the wee boy had disappeared into another ailse, I told the mum where he went and next thing the wee boy runs round the corner.

I never even got a thanks and felt as if everybody thought I was for want of another word pervert / peado etc.

Sign of the times Im afraid and Im sorry to say unless its an extreme situation I wont be getting involved helping kids again.

Comment

In this day & age i can't believe anyone would let their kids out of their sight, if your not prepared to keep an eye on them & just let them wander then you shouldnt have opened your legs/got your dick out in the first palce.

I hate the excuse "But you cant watch them all the time" err yes you can it's called been a good parent.

Comment

I think u did the right thing. If those kids belonged to some chavs (which they probably did judging by the lack of trousers) they might have tried to cause a little trouble.

A postie down here helped a kid out on his postie route. The kid was sat on the pavement on his own with a cut on his knee crying his eyes out. The postie picked him up & took him back to his parents (chavs) house, who thanked him for bringing him home.
            As the postie got back to the depot he gets called in to the boss's office. The chav parents had put in a complaint accusing him of molesting their kid!!
            The postie got suspended from his job, but when he got reinstated they changed his route. Nota very nice experience or situation to be in.

I have a real paranoia of other ppl's paedo paranoia & I'm not the only 1. I dont like talking to small kids incase I get accused of anything, & sometimes I'm not imagining it either when I see the suspicious eyes on me from the ladies.

Comment

Sadly my advice is cold and heartless but the best option overall: Find a staff member, get them to deal with it.

It's truly depressing that's the option but you start talking to lost child, possibly even try to calm them down, you're going attract suspicion and dodgy looks (from people who of course didn't do anything to act themselves). If the parents come back and see you talking or walking off to a help/security desk with them and it's not going to end well.

It's incredibly ****ty this is the situation but we live in a world where everyone you don't know is a pedophile (even though kids are at no more danger of one than they've ever been) and children are precious little snowflakes. A pedophilia or child abduction accusation will stick with you, you don't even need to be found guilty, any accusation, no matter how groundless, goes on your record. Get one of these on your record, kiss any job with children or vulnerable people goodbye and say hello to having your profile on the (illegal) DNA database.

If you are male and you are not in a uniform or friends with the parents, do not go near a kid.

Of course the people who are most likely to abuse kids are family members. In fact, family members are several times more likely to abuse a child than a stranger but we still have have this stupid tabloid fueled paranoia and an entire generation not being brought up by their lazy/uncaring parents and the rest of society is too scared of the legal ramifications of them acting to do anything to act.

I've become so disillusioned with society in recent years.

Comment

Reminds me of Monkey Dust...

Last edited by charlesr; 27-03-2009, 21:51.

Comment

Originally posted by honeymustard View Post
                  Reminds me of Monkey Dust...

Brilliant!! I loved Monkey Dust. Its a shame they didnt release series 2 & 3 on DVD because of legal issues with the music.

Reminds me of Brass Eye. Remember the paedo episode?

Comment

Earl tried to help a little girl and got called a pedo on this weeks My Name is Earl.

Comment

Working...
                    X