Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizarre NS&I advert

Anyone else seen this?

Sir Bob Geldof, Germaine Greer, Professor Stephen Hawking and Alan Sugar all star in NS&Is latest TV commercial

Yeah I'd seen it before, not sure if on YT or if I'd actually seen it on TV.

Is there a problem with it then? I understand it might not be to everybody's taste, what with the economy being the way it is, but it's pretty clear it's talking specifically to people who have cash to save/invest.

Comment

I thought it was a really odd choice of people to cast that's all.

I had the TV on in the background, not paying much attention, then Geldof, Hawkins (who I've never seen do an advert before) and Germaine Greer pop up. Was really unexpected - plus, aren?t Geldof and Germaine Greer anti-establishment?

Comment

Hawkins has done ads before, he's a media whore. BT I think it was. "We must keeeep taaalkeeng", or something.

Comment

That advert is awful, I also hate the RSPCA (is it, or some charity?) that tells us that they understand how hard times are for everyone but still want our money to save the dogs or whatever.

Gay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            I thought it was a really odd choice of people to cast that's all.
            My assumption is that they've chosen people that will be respected, for one reason or another, by the target audience. You have Bob Geldof, who is known by most people now as someone who does a lot of great work for charidy; Germain Greer, a well respected author with particular appeal to the ladies; Stephen Hawking, considered one of the most intelligent people on the planet and Alan Sugar, who's a successful businessman.

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            That advert is awful, I also hate the RSPCA (is it, or some charity?) that tells us that they understand how hard times are for everyone but still want our money to save the dogs or whatever.

Gay off.
            In all likelihood, not your money. As I say, it's clearly for a certain type of person. Doesn't seem to me like they're looking for people with just a few pennies to put away.*

* - this isn't an assumption that you only have a few pennies to put away, incidentally. Just a generalisation.

Comment

Bob Geldof isn't the best person for telling other people how to manage money, heck he's not a good person for selling people anything given how annoying some people find him.

But yeah, Bob Geldof selling out, Stephen Hawkings who has no link to banking in any way... Weird ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                * - this isn't an assumption that you only have a few pennies to put away, incidentally. Just a generalisation.
                I'm a billionaire playboy.

Comment

Am I in another dimension .. That advert is very strange. Could it be proof that celebs are puppets kept in a cupboard, to be used when the evil Puppet Master sees fit?

I've seen quite a few adverts with famous people in them - and I think: "Why are they promoting that product? .. It can't be for the money - they have enough of that"

I guess it's down to ego. Celebs have massive egos by nature - so they will do things like this.

I must say that this particular advert takes the biscuit for being very very spooky. Like something from the Twilight Zone/Outer Limits.

Comment

They could have put that on brass eye. I would have laughed.

Comment

Working...
                    X