CD WOW - anyone used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD WOW - anyone used?

A couple of items on there I want to buy at very cheap prices, but have heard they're bootleggers (or at least have been involved in some kind of lawsuit of a similar nature)

Can anyone recommend shopping with them or to steer clear? Thanks.

I've used them a few times and never had any problems.

Comment

Do you know where their stock originates?

Comment

I've used to use them lots for CD's and games in the past, never had any problems.

They had a lawsuit because they were importing and undercutting prices somehow by shipping from Hong Kong, never bought anything that looks remotely fake.

Comment

Yep, they used to sell lots of Region 4 stuff and basically cheap imports from wherever they could get them. I don't think they ever sold actual bootlegs.

I bought from them a few years back and had no problems at all. If I remember correctly, the regions are marked on the site. I haven't bought from them recently so can't speak for their current status.

Comment

Ay, the lawsuits were the usual 'grey imports' thing rather than anything to do with counterfeit goods.

Comment

So if I bought a region 2 blu-ray boxset from them (in this case it's James Bond volume one for £28) is it likely to be UK/EU stock?

Comment

Just had a look at the site and I'm not sure.

I used to use CD-Wow a lot but browsing through their Blu-ray section and everything is listed as being Region B / 2, even stuff I know to be multi-region.

Also, looking at some random Bluray descriptions such as 'Eagle Eye' for example lists Shia laBeouf and other members of the cast as Assistant Editor.

I dunno, looks a bit suspect to me now.

Shame, as Bond for ?28 would have been awesome

Maybe you could fire them an email?

Comment

They also stock a fair bit of Austrailian stock and looking at the image it has the OZ rating system logo on the front aswell as BBFC

Comment

Well I'd be ok with it if it was AU stock, just don't want it in german or spanish or anything like that.

Anyway, have gone for it - just hope I don't get stung on customs.

Comment

I've used them a few times and so long as you don't mind the region of the product you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X