We don't have to live like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't have to live like this?

Has anyone watched either (or both of these) - http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ ? At times they seem to come unnervingly close to some sort of 'new world order' cult-ish thing but take the 'can't we all just live together in some sort of utopian society' stuff with a big pinch of cynical salt and there's a lot to think about in them. The 'how the monetary socitey is just *****d' stuff in the Addendum movie is just frightening.

I've just wasted the better part of the afternoon watching them and they certainly made me think although I can't see any change happening in my lifetime.

Oh no, not this again. I give it about 5 minutes before dave arrives. Or maybe a bit longer, he's not been around recently.

Comment

That's because he's already up and moved to the Venus Project after watching Zeitgeist Addendum

Comment

Ah bugger. Knew I should have put a search in first. Sorry.

Comment

Don't know why, but after reading a couple of paragraphs on the above. I kept thinking of this... (Just replace the alien encounters, with the appropriate)...

Leonard Nimoy: Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth?
          The answer is: No.

Comment

I remember this, didn't some Egyptian do it?

Comment

Wasn't it some Russian bloke? Davidovski Fallovich or something?

Comment

Are we all moving to Blisstonia, well known for its naturally high levels of bliss?
                Last edited by NW2013; 20-04-2009, 17:13.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                  I remember this, didn't some Egyptian do it?
                  There was this bloke at the UN Conference today reckons the Jews did it...

Comment

It was certainly interesting. Conspiracy theories aside, it was expressing a very positive message, regardless of how much of the information is factual, and how much is just misguided paranoia.

The whole thing falls on it's arse when it becomes evident that it is basically masking one big promotion for the Venus Project, an organisation which you ironically have to buy into. Any true change would have to come from individual people acting on their own free will, based on their own insight. If the premonitions of the Zeigiest are true, then this should happen on it's own as the existing system collapses. Joining a 'movement' is not only redundant but, my the Zeigiest's own reasoning, hypocritical in that you are just buying into another organisation, the opinions of another group of people (with a system of hierarchy), just as the videos like to tell us that we are doing right now in the monetary-based society. They said themselves that people can't be convinced into dropping the existing system, that the system itself would have to fail and show people itself that it's not working, which makes the entire concept of a 'movement' somewhat pointless, if the system is going to collapse and achieve this anyway. After watching Attendum, I'm supposed to then buy into yet another ideology, supposed to assume they transcend the corruption that plagues other organisations, and continue to sacrifice my own ability to think for myself and come to my own conclusion? They either take me for a huge tool, or they've missed the point of their own message.

That aside, it presented some interesting things to think about, and there might even be a level of factuality in there, and the coverage of issues such as energy was inspired. However, the most important message in the whole thing is that, if they are right, then we don't need them anyway. If we're able to transcend the ideology of the 'establishment', then we're free from the pull of such influences - that's the point, we'd be ideologically free. Either this Zeigeist Movement and the Venus Project have an excellent sense of irony, or they're missed the point some time ago.
                    Last edited by sj33; 20-04-2009, 19:30.

Comment

only just saw this yesterday. interesting stuff, especially regarding the 9 11 attacks being an inside job which it quite clearly was based on the amount of bullsh.it surrounding the whole thing

Comment

clearly was...

Comment

I do have to live like this. The courts said so.

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                            only just saw this yesterday. interesting stuff, especially regarding the 9 11 attacks being an inside job which it quite clearly was based on the amount of bullsh.it surrounding the whole thing
                            If you liked that then you should google Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars...thats a top read!

Comment

Silent weapons for Quake Wars? Last thing we need is to encourage more campers.

Comment

Working...
                              X