Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keane appointed Ipswich manager

Good luck to him, I say.

Yeah good to see him getting back in to things ASAP, a couple of years there won't do him any harm I'm sure. Was surprised when first heard it, but at least he's inheriting a decent team that bar a few points would have made the play-offs.

Comment

Everyone loves Roy Keane then?

Comment

Apart from Vieira, Haaland, Shearer.......oh wait.

Comment

I just don't why everyone wants Keane to succeed, I truly don't!

Comment

I think that Keane has many good managerial traits. He also spent loads on toss and needs to adapt his man-management at times. He also needs to learn how to adapt tactically and pick his best 11, instead of trying to squeeze everyone in, an odd way of doing things for a man who is supposedly 'uncompromising.'

I think he's doing right by cutting his cloth at a lower level, he just wasn't really up to the Premiership level yet. Granted Sunderland are a stinking yo-yo club, but he wasted a fortune of lower league toss the first year, then bought good players the second year, only to lose the plot and play them out of position, fall out with players he knew had commitment issues yet bought anyway, and have really odd tactics and make strange team decisions. He'll do alright at Ip**** for a while, then we'll see. When the going gets tough, the tough piss off.

Comment

Roy Keane is a legend..........

(NSFW - Naughty words)

KEEEEEANOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Quality, and we went on to win that game 4-2 as well

Comment

Sorry, I'm definitely missing the part where he looks like a legend there.

Comment

"You come from Senegal, why don't ya play for em?!"

He put good old Pat well and truly in his place. He got sent off for it but he almost made Shearer pee his pants in a game at Newcastle a good few years ago.

He probably only comes across as a legend to us United fans though, the guy was a colossus and said what needed to be said even though it wasn't liked by everyone. I would love it if he became United manager, love it!
                    Last edited by ezee ryder; 23-04-2009, 17:12.

Comment

Yeah, erm, to be honest, to me (a non united fan) he comes across as an utter thug **** and always has.

Comment

Don't worry, I'm sure lots of other non United fans would agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                        X