Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ong Bak 2 - Anyone seen it yet?

I've just seen it.

Storyline is summat like Tony Jaa is out to learn every martial art possible.

To be honest, I was quite disappointed by Ong Bak 2 especially what with the delay of this coming out after the 1st Ong Bak and Warrior King (Tom Yum Soup).

I've been waiting for ages to watch it, there's a malaysian dvd out right now.

I've had Tom Yung Goon since it came out but only got round to watching it yesterday, loved it.

Wonder what that new Donnie Yen movies like as well.

Comment

I'm surprised the film got completed at all! There was talk for a while that Tony Jaa had dissapeared and was going to be a monk!

I'm glad he got Panna Rittikrai back onboard though.

I've not seen it yet either, I'm afraid. I hear they changed the ending so that it was a cliffhanger and they could make Ong Bak 3...

Not seen Donnie Yen's Ip Man yet either. It's got some historical inaccuracies, as is the case in most films like this, but is supposed to be quite good.

I've only just gotten around to seeing Flashpoint, which I loved. Some awesome takedowns from Yen, with some real "oooh" flinches as he does them!

The recent Bruce Lee TV series didn't make the most of the stellar cast. Fight cheoreography was supposed to be quite bad (loads of unneccessary wire-fu).
      Ray Park plays Chuck Norris, who's supposed to be bad guy in the series?!

Does anybody read Impact magazine?

Sorry, have I taken this thread off-course?

Comment

i've seen it - bit slow to begin with but does come together nicely at the end

Very similar bit to ong bak - (fighting 3 guys, one after the other/ fights a giant etc)

not a patch on the first, but i think thats due to the timeframe its set in ie ancient tribal rather than modern day (which i prefered)
        Last edited by dvdx2; 27-04-2009, 13:27.

Comment

Ip-man is a pretty epic nice movie overall very entertaining, could have done with maybe an additional fight scene (thanks to the success of this film Ip-man 2 is currently in the making to star Samo and perhaps feature Bruce Lee who was a student of the legendary teacher.

Ong-Bak 2 was quite brilliant for me in its own way its not related to the 1st Ong-Bak film in any way (why do they keep using this title?) but its dark and brutal in a lovely way. Lots of variety martial arts mostly solidly executed. Apparently they made a few cuts to the film while editing when they realised that they could extend it into a new follow up, these along with new filming that will take place this year will become Ong-Bak 3 currently scheduled for release around winter this year of course I'm really looking forwards to finishing the fight

However the sad thing is Ong-Bak 2 will probably be officially released in the west the same time Ong-Bak 3 hits Asian cinemas. If your into your hard hitting martial arts films I wouldn't wait order from HK-Flix or YesAsia.

Comment

Seen it now, the change from modern day setting in the first Ong Bak to the ancient setting of the sequel makes for a very different kind of film and I think a lot of people will be surprised at the direction they took.

The biggest change in fighting style was the use of weapons, mainly the sword, which gives most of the fights a very different feel, more like a traditional Hong Kong kung fu flick than the new kind of muay thai choreography they used for Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goon (sp?).

I thought they saved most of the fighting for the last half hour or so, and the frequent use of flashbacks was a bit off putting at times as there is no indication it's a flashback except Jaa is a kid. I don't know if I worded that right, but in many films they use some kind of transitional effect like different camera work or colours to indicate a scene is a flashback.

A lot of people criticised the other Jaa vehicles as having no storyline and I think they conciously made a decision to go for a story based movie. The ending was a bit confusing.

I'm a big Samo fan and therefore Ip Man 2 sounds interesting. Has anyone seen the recent Yuen Biao or Samo tv series that came out in the last two years?

I picked up Impact sometimes in the past but that was a long time ago.

Flashpoint, I've had that for ages but never completely watched it. My problem was for a long time I watched only kung fu films and suffered burnout, thats why I didn't watch Tom Yum Goon until recently.

Comment

Working...
            X