Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympics 2012

Official partners of the 2012 Olympics

Great to see that they've got some companies behind them that are at the forefront of health and nutrition and sporting excellence this time..... oh no, my mistake. Sugar and fat ftw!!

As madbury said last night, they should make the athletes eat and drink only officially sponsored foods

To be fair McDonalds and Coke both put a lot of money into youth sports and Coke own a number of healthy brands (Minute Maid I believe is one of theirs)

Cadbury's... hard to justify

Comment

There isn't a kid on the planet who thinks of minute maid when they see the Coke logo.

Comment

McDonalds and Coke may well put loads of money into youth sports. They also put loads of money into making sure they put lot of cack into youth digestive systems. And GE are criminals. But, hey, no real surprises (well, maybe that Atros company - do they sell tropical fish?). They're big companies.

I think the day I saw that McDonalds sponsors Sesame Street was the day I stopped being surprised by sponsorship choices.

Comment

Airwave I'd be worried about, surveillance by tracking peeps by their mobile phone signals. Just the job for a sporting event in the UK.
          Shame there's no tech yet available to thump a guy from behind knocking him to the floor with nothing but airwaves. It'll come I spose.

Comment

They would actually be quite decent mascots were it not for the stupid decision to give them a metallic colour scheme. Would've been much better as solid colour

Comment

but at least Waltham Abbey will have the lasting legacy of the white water canoeing centre it always wanted where the showground people walked their dogs on used to be.

Comment

Also daft news: http://www.london2012.com/games/venu...farm-essex.php

So they are creating a TEMPORARY mountain bike course...... Useless tools.

Why didn't they use an established course that might benefit from the exposure?

This just says "here's a mountain bike course, but hey, you can't ride on it - get off my land after the olympics"

Comment

I don't know anybody in London who is native who actually wants or is excited about the olympics.

Always an air of NIMBYs with this but reality is a bit crappy for some people. My mum and dad live in Waltham Abbey, home of the white water centre, they are enduring 2yrs of roadworks, occasional power failures and lorries going by their home so one of the more stupid sports has a home for a week or so.

I keep telling them their water pressure will drop too once the centre gets switched on.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olym...12/8690467.stm

They would actually be quite decent mascots were it not for the stupid decision to give them a metallic colour scheme. Would've been much better as solid colour
                    They look like Gogo's Crazy Bones - http://gogoscrazybones.com/gogos_site.html#home

Not half as nice as the Vancouver Winter Olympic mascots - http://www.vancouver2010.com/mascot/en/

*sigh* first the logo and now the mascots. Can't we get anything right?

Comment

Ours do have the advantage of being pedobear free though.

Comment

Should of just used Wallace and Gromit or something. Bagpuss with a sweatband.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                          Bagpuss with a sweatband.
                          Why not go the full distance and cover up all of Redknapp's saggy face?

Comment

Not that bagpuss, the other one!

Comment

So did anyone here apply for tickets ? they are a bit vague saying you will know if you have a ticket between now and next month.

Comment

Working...
                              X