Virgin Broadband phishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Broadband phishing

I had an email claiming to be from billing services today that I thought was a bit dodgy so I reported it.

Turns out it was dodgy.

Dear Customer,

This e-mail has been sent to you by Virgin Media to inform you that we were unable to process your most recent payment of bill. This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information. (eg: billing address, phone)
    2. Submitting incorrect information during bill payment process.

Due to this, to ensure that your service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your billing information today by clicking here.

If you have already confirmed your billing information then please disregard this message as we are processing the changes you have made.

Regards,
    Virgin Media
    Billing Department

Thanks for your co-operation.
    *my name*

Thank you for your report.

This is a phishing email. It is a fraudulent representation of a legitimate company that attempts to gather personal information to exploit.

We are aware of this particular mail and are taking appropriate action to stop our customers receiving it.

Kind Regards

*staff name*

Virgin Media
    Watch out.

Surely the link it asks you to click will give it away though? Something like:

Comment

Yeah. That's the second thing that made me suspicious. The first was that payment was taken last week anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X