District 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

District 9

From the guy that made the rather cool Halo shorts (and one-time Halo movie director).

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

I think that looks pretty damn good!

Why no love

New trailer - http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/district-9/trailer

Comment

Looks good to me and is definitely on my radar as one to watch.

Comment

Saw on You Tube looks wicked. Showin some love here. Same vein as Clover field n [rec].
        Last edited by JU!; 14-07-2009, 15:49.

Comment

Check out the short it's based on: http://www.spyfilms.com/#neill_blomkamp/alive_in_joburg

Comment

Can't wait for this! It's out in the UK on September 4th. I only found out about this in last months Empire and it looks amazing. Official website is here

Comment

I've been disappointed with most of the summer movies thus far but hopefully this will buck that trend, its looks really good.

Comment

I was really 'meh' about this despite all the viral and people trying to hype it on message boards.

Then I saw that trailer and it looks bloody amazing - I'm surprised its not been getting a lot more love on here. So much so that I didn't even know there was a thread for it.

Really looking forward to watching this now - the setting alone makes it different from your average sci-fi stuff.

Comment

Plenty love here

Thought it was just going to be an Alien Nation re-make, but it feels more like something out of Half-Life!

Comment

I've been following this film for a while and whilst I hope it fixes a bit of a disappointing summer for blockbusters, I also hope it does well so we can see the Jackson and Blomkamp Halo project actually get going.

Comment

This film looks sick but I have a feeling the trailers are making it look more actiony than it really is. Im thinking more the tone and style will be more like Children of Men stylee than something like iRobot.

Really does look like a live action anime though . . . .

Comment

More Children of Men style sounds good to me! I agree with the Half-Life 2 feel, I got the same impression when I saw the first trailer.

And yay, some love at last

Comment

This is getting good praise from Comic-Con:

There’s been a lot going on with all the news from the San Diego Comic-Con. In amongst it all and virtually behind the scenes a small group of lucky journo’s

From Empire:

at a world-first screening of District 9 introduced by Jackson, we sat just in front of two real-life Hobbits, Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan (disappointingly, they shared a tub of popcorn rather than lambas bread).

Jackson has produced District 9, a pulpy sci-fi thriller set in alien-infested South African slums, and introduced director Neill Blomkamp and star Sharlto Copley - both from Johannesberg - to the crowd with some sparky banter about the relative merits of their home countries. Jackson: "The New Zealand accent is much easier to understand - and we're better rugby players too." Copley, after dramatic pause: "Yes, Mr. Jackson." Then the film unspooled to a rapturous reception; we don't want to give anything away, but this summer sleeper is every bit as good as we hoped it would be, fresh, fun and stunning-looking considering its $30 million budget. Our favourite bit: the nutso alien rail-gun that Copley uses to blow away a succession of villains, and which caused some wild applause in the theatre. Judging by this, Halo fans lost out on a great movie when the Jackson-Blomkamp adaptation fell through.

Comment

This is getting great reviews from just about everybody:

4th September over here. Common folks, bring on that forum hype!

Comment

I wish Blomkamp had the name to stnd on his own, his work is stunning.
                              The quicker people realise this and he can get away from that hack Jackson the better

Comment

Working...
                              X