Xbox DVD remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox DVD remote

Does the country you buy the DVD remote and dongle set the DVD region on the Xbox (ie US DVD control on UK Xbox) or does the first disc you put into the Xbox set the region? (Region 1 disc on UK Xbox with UK control and dongle) I've heard stories of both and want to get the facts.

When you first bung a dongle in, I believe it saves something to the hdd which then region locks it. I've not looked into any apps to remove the file because I use replacement multiregion software (dvdX), but there's prolly an app to do it.

Comment

AFAIK,

When you boot the XBOX for the first time with a dongle in it will set the XBOX to only accept that dongle's region. Therefore it's the dongle that sets the region and not the disc.

If you try to play a region 1 disc with a UK XBOX and dongle it will just give you an error - as the dongle is region 2 (even before you've put it in the XBOX).

This region is set in the XBOX's EEPROM and can be changed with software such as Configmagic. However, this is not needed as most modchips will reset the region every time you turn the XBOX on so you can use different region dongles whenever you want. That said, if you do have a chipped machine then you can just use the DVDX software which is multiregion and no dongle/remote needed. If you want to use the remote you can patch the dashboard (on the hard disk) to region free and then just have one dongle to play all regions with the built in Microsoft player.

Hope that makes sense

Comment

Working...
      X