The EuroVision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EuroVision Thread

The most loved Car-Crash-in-slow-motion event of the year returns this year so figured now was the time to launch this thread.

The event kicks off tonight with the first of the two fairly pointless Semi-Final's which is on BBC3 at 8pm. The second Semi-Final is also on BBC3 at the same time on Thursday 14th all leading into the true event on Saturday night.

Personally, I'm going to skip the Semi-Final's so I can enjoy the main show in all it's tasteless glory. We can't win it but, by jove, at least this time we've entered some eye candy.

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-05-2009, 08:39.

It's amusing to watch. We'll still do awful but it provides many lols

Comment

Slightly different voting this time innit? Half phonevotes, half judging panel?

At least that gives Western Europe a slightly better chance.

UK will still FAIL massively though. I hate how the BBC still insist on pretending that we have a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        We can't win it but, by jove, at least this time we've entered some eye candy.
        You know she used to be a man, right?

Comment

Wogan has stepped down and has been replaced by Graham Norton.....shudder!

And she's not an ex-dude Dogg Thang!

Comment

I dunno but there's something about Andrew Lloyd Webber that screams 'dirty old man' to me.....

But i might tune in to watch the scores like everyone else does lol......

the fact that they have changed the scoring system, makes it even more corrupt! What are the odds all the judges have been brought already - ten years in advance?

Not too fussed on our song though, its actually quit an annoying repetetive song...... The girl can sing, very well too, but the song is terrible........ imho.

Comment

Have we seriously entered into Eurovision a woman that looks like a blow up sex doll?

Comment

Yes we have and that'll do for me... then again, have been single for a while...

I know it would shorten the length of the show but maybe regions in Europe should be grouped together and cannot give points to countries in their own region to try and reduce the 'neighbour' voting. With regions such as the Eastern Block all having to vote for countries outside of their own region it might aid.

Comment

I hate the Eurovision Song Contest.

Terry Wogan isn't funny, despite what people insist.

I remember I had to watch it in 2001 when Denmark hosted it. After an eternity of pop pap, all the judges started working out the scores and to keep the crowd busy, they brought out Aqua, who did a medley of their greatest hits.

I thought "Now we're rockin'! THIS is how you do it, Eurochumps!", then realised how awful the preceding acts must have been to make Aqua look like rock stars.

If the missus wants to watch this, she's on her own...

/rant

Comment

Will Marty G be around this year? Wouldn't be the same without him.

Comment

I'm guessing we're doomed to nil points again this year (can't see anyone risking upsetting the host country). Our girl's got the looks but the song is really dreary. We need something like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEPFKy8Yqm0

Comment

Well Eurovision 2009 is upon us and it has started - and I'm here to comentate on the proceedings - it's a poor start with Lithuania

Song: 5
                        Routine: 1
                        Totty: 0
                        Norton: 2

Let's hope Israel can make a better effort

Comment

Glad to see you came Marty , wouldn't be the same without you [/end of gush]

Comment

Euch the Israel entry: 'There must be another way', sang by both a jew and a muslim. Sick bucket please.

Comment

Israel There are certainly canons on the female singers on this one, and the bongos are beat - proceedings do seem to be a little pedestrian this year though - it's not a good start so far

Song: 7
                              Routine: 4
                              Totty: 5
                              Norton: 4

Comment

Working...
                              X