Sons Of Anarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sons Of Anarchy

Anyone see the pilot last night on Bravo? Kickass new US drama from Kurt Sutter who worked on The Shield. Absolutely superb first ep introducing the fictitious Hells Angels style gang the Sons... great cast - Katey Sagal is MILFtacular, Ron Perlman total hardass, and they introduce a reet pretty boy star the ladies will love. Some great scenes, loving an Elvis impersonator (wont give too much away), and a great dynamite-in-ass moment. Hell, the ending was even quite moving. F'n loved it, roll on next Tuesday.

Baws. Forgot about this. I presume there will be a repeat at some point this week...

Comment

Repeats friday, my old son

Comment

Superb. I'll set up the Sky Plus when I get home!

Comment

Hey Skull, get Sky Remote Record for your mobile - works like a charm, especially on the iphone!

Comment

How does that work? Do you set it up by text or is it an app?

Comment

It's an app. Do you have an iphone? If so, download the remote record app from sky. Login using your sky.com login details and go to Sky Active and put in your mobile number in the Remote Record section and then away you go - very simple to use indeed. Ooh, and it's free!

Sorry for hijacking your thread Mr Seany Sean! Cheers for the info about this show though, I've set it to record on Friday.

Comment

No I-Phone for me, but that does look handy

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                  No I-Phone for me, but that does look handy
                  Yarrrr, that it be! You can use it on other mobiles too - there's more info here and you can check to see if your mobile is compatible. Hope this helps.

Comment

I watched the whole season when it was on in America last year, enjoyed it, the middle episodes slowed down a little but then it got very good towards then end of the series. Well worth sticking with, can't remember how many epsidoes there were now.

Second season got the go ahead months back so should be on (Stateside) before Xmas.

Comment

watched the pilot for this last night, it wasn't as bad as 'Lie to Me' which I binned after 15mins but it was pretty poor.

lots of good actors spouting stupid lines and there must of been 10mins of lost and the damned style cruising in formation to rawk music.

I'll watch one more but after the HBO stuff and Mad Men most of these new series seem silly.

Comment

Yep I must have given about eight new pilots a viewing this year, the only one I've watched more than one episode of is Harpers Island. So many Cop drama's coming out in the US this year for some reason.

The Unusuals has Michael from Lost in it, that was about the best of the bunch of rejects.

Comment

I liked the first one. I'm definatly going to watch some more of this. Very Sopranos.

Comment

like the Sopranos, that's a big call this early, I didn't see anything so far in this fit to lace the Sop's shoes.

really dull characters spouting cliche dialogue and a neatly tied up single episode storyline.

i'll give it another go but suspect its not for me, too formulaic and mainstream in its approach.

Comment

The themes are already very Sopranos. You can see there is going to be a power struggle between the young guy and Perlman's character. He like Tony Soprano is trying to keep two families together (both his own and his 'gang').

Also the streak of black comedy that runs through it (Asian Elvis!) is clearly cut from the same cloth.

Comment

Working...
                              X