Angels & Demons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angels & Demons

Ooo, I'm not used to starting threads, especially 2 in a week! Went to see this today and thought it was... okay. I preferred it to Da Vinci Code but it's definitely one to switch your brain off for as plot wise it's simple but ludicrous.

In a weird way it reminds me of the Potter films where you have an ok set up let down by an author who is overrated and under capable

Have you read the books or are you judging the book by the film?

I seen it last night and enjoyed it, wasn't amazing, wasn't dire. But it was certainly good. Obviously it's gonna be hard to fill in all the blanks of the book and I thought it was quite fast paced for that reason, so much stuff just dashed right past that was discussed thoroughly in the book.

But yeh, I thought it was good.

Comment

I saw this too. The link between the

assassin and Caramlengo

was never really explained which was a bit of a let down. It almost seemed as though they were rushing the it along so quickly. Probably to do with the vast wealth of details in the book vs the film's limited screen time.

Comment

Back when there was the huge frenzy about the books when Da Vinci Code came out I was one of the many who decided to have a crack at them but didn't get too far. Admittedly I'm probably not the best judge, given I don't think Jesus even existed let alone had a conspiracy wrapped around him, but I just found that the intrigue part of the story and the story handling itself didn't gel. Written in a more grounded reality I think I'd have gotten more from it but the 'puzzle' aspects of it just make it seem more daft than it should be. eg, Anti-matter bomb?

Comment

Saw this last night and i wasn't overly blown over by it........ Ive never read the book, but i feel that the Da Vinci Code hade more to it. I wasn't really impressed with teh ending, and it was kinda obvious who the villian was.......... still, it was worth a watch, and like the Da Vinci Code, the female character is sexy in a Mysterious European way Im so easily brought.........

Everything was jus GO GO GO all the time and I had to have my mind switched on throughout to understand what was going on, with all these theories and foreign names muttered about..........

Tom Hanks was eer...... Tom Hanks for the most part.......... still, it was nice to see him in action again........

Comment

Working...
          X