Night at the Museum 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night at the Museum 2

Well, caught this one after work yesterday and I'd have to say it's not bad. I quite like the old school charm of the first film and this one gets by largely thanks to a non-stop pace, a likeable cast and plenty of good will. It feels like it's going more for being a family adventure rather than comedy this time with a lower joke count and at times gives a feeling that the scale has been reduced with lots of the older characters usage kept to a minimum but with the new cast being so likeable this doesn't bother.

Ultimately it's alright and a fun diversion with the Bank Holiday upon us. It likely would have have benefitted with some more polish on the script to account mainly for Ben Stillers character who largely goes through the motions as he's too wise to the situation by now and creates a lot of his own problems as he can't be bothered to simply explain what's happening to his enemies. I'd check it out, though hope they leave the series alone after this one as I doubt theirs enough fuel in the tank to make a third film work...

... then again, hasn't stopped them killing Meet the Parents with sequels.
Working...
X