Glastonbury 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glastonbury 09

Got me tickets back last year. Anyone else going?

I'm surprised by the number of big names this year, but there are going to be so many clashes in the evenings. Would you see the newly reformed Blur (who may not be around for long) or the Prodigy who are both on at the same time.

On the Friday, Neil Young, Q-Tip, Animal Collective, Ray Davies, Bloc Party, Doves, the Blockheads and Banco de Gaia are all on at the same time .

Ah well, a nice problem to have .

I saw the line ups and thought, why the feck do they need so many acts playing on one evening. I don't tink the Pyramid stage looks that great if I'm honest.

If anyone says Glasto in this thread, I'll swing for them

Comment

A large part of the appeal for me is seeing artists I've never heard of before, so the smaller stages often appeal. I'm less bothered by Bruce Springsteen, but I bet Neil Young and The Specials will be well worth seeing.

The Dance stages look fab. DeadMau5, Josh Wink, 2 Many DJs, Yoda. I'll be there for that.

Comment

Just got back yesterday. Another magic festival.

Highlights for me were:

Animal Collective

On the gorgeous Park Stage. Simply superb, they played without a single break. Rockers, ravers and hippies all got into it. Perfect example of 'that Glastonbury Feeling. They went through most of MPP and some older stuff.

Saturday Night in the Dance Village

Sod Springsteen, this was where the party was at. Josh Wink, 2 Many DJs, Deadmau5, Yoda, but the very best was Tom Middleton's old skool set out in the open air as the sun went down. He played everything from 808 State to Papua New Guinea to S-Express and everyone danced their tits off, glowsticks out in force. Absolutely blinding.

Easy Star All Stars & Horace Andy

On the Park Stage on Sunday afternoon. The sun was glorious and what better way to spend a Sunny afternoon than on a hill, chilling to some fine dub reggae. ESAS performed Radiodread for the first time. Spot on.

La Roux

They were booked for the Dance East Stage which is waaaaaay too small. Cue thousands of people crushing into the marquee and a stoked, steamy atmosphere.

But what I thought could be a disaster turned fab as Eli Jackson proved she can really sing live. The band seemed genuinely amazed by the fantastic reaction they got, with thousands of people singing along to Bulletproof and In For The Kill. The other songs were great too. I'm convinced - album purchased.

The Specials

Terry Hall is a grumpy f*cker, but the band were as tight as a gnats chuff. They've still got it.

Fleet Foxes

They came on just as the sun came out. Their harmonies sound even better live than on record. The first great moment of the festival.

Seun Kuti and Fela's Egypt 80

I watched a bit of Blur who were very good, but I got bored. I strolled over to see the Prodigy going through the motions, but I fancied something different. I wandered up to the Park Stage (by far the best stage on the site) and caught this lot.

African tribal rhythmns that anyone with the slightest interest in beats of any kind should listen to. They had every single one of the respectably sized crowd dancing away and every song lasted about 15 minutes. Seun Kuti has followed beautifully in the footsteps of his amazing father.

Great way to end the big stages, before going off to Arcadia and seeing the Freefalll Collective to dance the night away.

Comment

Working...
        X