Summer 2009 Transfer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer 2009 Transfer thread

Might as well start the ball rolling early.

Gareth Barry. Money grabbing twat. The end.

Reminder for those not remembering his actions last summer..
    Barry claimed that his main reason for wanting to leave Villa in 2008 was to play Champions League football.

But City finished six places and 22 points behind this season's top four in the top flight, all of whom qualify for Europe's elite club competition.
    Last edited by VR46; 02-06-2009, 17:52.

Indeed. I presumed it was a joke when my brother told me.

Clearly for the money. So much for wanting to play in the Champion's League. If he had any real aspirations of that, he'd have been better off staying at Villa.

Comment

Great signing for city. Wonder who is next

Comment

Gareth Barry said that he only wanted to move for Champs League. Last year he said:

Villa star Gareth Barry demands move to Liverpool
        EXCLUSIVE by ROB BEASLEY

GARETH BARRY has finally lost patience with Martin O?Neill and admits he is desperate to join Liverpool.

After weeks of waiting for the Aston Villa boss to contact him, Barry has grown weary of the delay and is now anxious for his ?17million move to Anfield to be finalised.

The England star broke off from his family holiday in Florida to tell Sport of the World why he has made the dramatic decision to go public.

Capello should axe Gerrard and Lampard to make way for Barry: Click here for Rob Shepherd's column

Barry, 27, said: ?My mind?s made up, I want to join Liverpool. There?s no going back, it?s time for me to move on. I?m desperate to play Champions League football and that?s why I have to leave Villa.

?I hope the Villa fans understand. I have given my all for the club for 10 years and I?m only leaving because now I need to test myself at the very highest level.

?And I can honestly say if Villa were in the Champions League I wouldn?t even consider leaving this great club.?

It?s clear that Barry (right), who signed on at Villa Park as a trainee almost 11 years ago, has fond memories of his time in the Midlands.

But he has been deeply disappointed by the behaviour of O?Neill during the long-running transfer saga, as he explained: ?Villa kept saying they wanted me to stay but I have not heard from the manager for weeks.

Private
        ?The last time we spoke was just after England?s match in Trinidad at the start of June. And that?s it. It just made me think that he and the club were just saying one thing in public but were not really bothered at all about me in private.

?What other conclusion can you reach?

?It?s seven weeks now since the season finished but while the gaffer?s found time to be a pundit for the BBC at Euro 2008, he hasn?t found the time to speak to me. But Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has shown how much he wants me at Anfield.

?I am obviously flattered that someone as successful as Rafa Benitez thinks so highly of me.

?And that he?s not been afraid to put his valuation of me in black and white for Villa and all the world to see.

?But have Villa offered me anything to try to persuade me my future is at Villa Park not Anfield? Not a thing.?

Barry now hopes it is just a matter of time before Villa do a deal with the Merseysiders.

And he can?t wait to team up with England team-mate Steven Gerrard in the heart of the Kop midfield.

But his overwhelming feeling right now is of disappointment that Villa did nothing to try and keep him.

Boost
        Barry added: ?The only conversation we have had was at a meeting towards the end of last season. Liverpool had already declared their interest so it was important we got together.

?The boss was there and so was the owner, Randy Lerner and they both told me they didn?t want me to go, but that was it.

?There was no offer of a new contract to prove how much the club valued me, no talk about players who were being brought in to boost the squad, not even a mention of a few possible targets.

?The club have contacted my advisor, Alex Black, a few times and told him that Martin O?Neill (right) had something important to tell me. They said that Martin was going to call me.

?But every time I was told to expect the call it never materialised. I found that hurtful and disrespectful.

?All that told me was that I was being messed around by my club and by my manager.

?If you say you are going to call then you should call.

?And if you say you want me to stay then you should prove it.

?Unfortunately, it?s now too late. It?s all pointless. I want to go and that?s it.?
        So he moves to Citeh, who aren't even in the Europa League. Go **** yourself Barry, you fat arsed money grabbing ****.

Comment

I'm very happy Liverpool cant buy Barry now

It basically means we have to keep Alonso, but if we do sell him we can get somebody who will actually do a similar job to Alonso and not some horrid Gareth Barry type \o/

Comment

Rumours are that Kaka has signed for Real Madrid for £56M, or he could stay at AC Milan, or go to Chelsea.

Comment

Real Madrid want Kaka, Ronaldo and Alonso and Riberby.

I like Fiorentino Perez. He seem to get things done.

Comment

Gareth Barry... Bizarre.

That drastically weakens Villa though, and £12m isn't enough to get another Barry.

Comment

Can't believe Barry has gone to City, what a sell out. Consider him a fairly like for like player with Elano aswell so wouldnt say City particularly need him, although he's a bit more defensive minded I guess. They need a couple of good centre backs over all else really.

Shame Villa couldnt get more for him though. Should have taken the 18mil last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                    Rumours are that Kaka has signed for Real Madrid for ?56M, or he could stay at AC Milan, or go to Chelsea.
                    They should buy themselves a decent back four for 56Million first before even thinking of Kaka Lol..

Comment

SkySports are saying this right now on their website...

Spanish radio station Cadena Ser is reporting Kaka has signed for Real Madrid in a €65million (£56million) deal, although his spokesman has countered that while an approach has been made no agreement has yet been struck.

Comment

If that is true then Milan will surely be wishing Kaka had wanted to go to Man City in January for nearly double that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Asylum View Post
                          Shame Villa couldnt get more for him though. Should have taken the 18mil last summer.
                          He'd be on a free next summer so Villa had to take what they could get really.
                          Barry has got a great payrise though, ?40k to ?100k a week.

Does look like Kaka has indeed gone to Real Madrid, but don't think we'll hear it officially until after the Elections later in the week.

Comment

Barry has just made himself look a mercenary. All his postulating last season about wanting champs league footballs looks incredibly hollow now. Having said that, if anyone here was offered an obscene amount of money to kick a ball for a club on the up and sacrificing Europe, would you say no??

I do think City are on the up but not this season or possibly next. Hughes' signings this season are paramount and it will be interesting to see who else he drafts in. I do think Barrys a good start tho.

I don't understand why Liverpool wanted to swap Alonso for Barry tho. Alonso is a much better player imo.

Kaka to Madrid looks almost a done deal tho unless you believe sky sports. £56m for a 27/28 yo player

I hope United don't take up the option on Tevez either. I do not understand all the fuss about the player. Yes he has phenomenal workrate (shouldn't that be expected of any player at that level) but he doesn't score which i would have said is pretty much a staple part of being a striker not to mention his ****e first touch and passing.
                            He's another Park Ji Sung and he's nowhere near good enough for United and i would rather we let him go and try for Benezema from Lyon. Why Liverpool want to sign him is beyond me?? They have Dirk Kuyt who is very similar but at least Kuyt gets double figures in the league. I hope they do sign him tho
                            Last edited by NemesiS; 03-06-2009, 08:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                              Real Madrid want Kaka, Ronaldo and Alonso and Riberby.

I like Fiorentino Perez. He seem to get things done.
                              He certainly loves his pokemon or should I say, "galacticos". He is pretty good at getting them, I'd give him that.

Galacticos part 2 is going to be entertaining if nothing else....

Comment

Working...
                              X