Euro Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Elections

I love an election, voting makes me feel important and I like to guess who everyone else is voting for judging by their clothes/appearance.
    Just got this email from my brother saying who he was voting for

I will be voting Christian Peoples Party??.one of their manifesto pledges is to discourage women from using the title ?Ms??..I aint kidding either. Check out their website

Hmmm, curious. I intend on spoiling my ballot by writing "NONE OF THE ABOVE" in big bold print. That way at least my dissatisfaction is noted somewhere.

What will i be wearing?

Comment

I will be showing my disgust of MP's expenses and voting for change by voting for the Conservative party. Because I don't know what Conservative means and because they are already so rich in that party that they couldn't be troughing even more money out.

I jest of course!

I hope there is a good turnout but, having been to the polling stn before work, I doubt it .

Comment

I'll be using my constitutional right to give someone more power than they deserve, after work. Or I might just write a naughty word next to each of the names.

Comment

I've always voted Lib Dems in the past and today was no exception. Politicans abusing their positions and power has not come as much a suprise to me and this expenses scandle has not swayed my vote.

Comment

I haven't yet decided on who I shall be voting for. In the past I have always voted for whoever can keep the Tories out. Today I shall be voting either Lib Dem or maybe even Green Party or Libertas.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
              In the past I have always voted for whoever can keep the Tories out.
              They seem to be doing a good job of that themselves of late. As do all the others for that matter!

Comment

Not all is at it may seems, it appears the tories are streaks ahead on the poll's for the general election

I hopefully share my view with fellow forumites in that I feel very let down by the expenses scandal and hope we dont pay the price if the far right, tories etc getting into power at euro level and the next general election.

Yet again it is the general public who suffer from the mistakes MP's make. The whole system needs a shake up, I mean really, when you think about it who holds the power now a days, the police, goverment and the mp's.

Such is life...

*goes back to the grind*

Comment

I'm hoping that the present expenses scandal will lead to less party affiliation this coming general election and MP's actually have to start canvassing their constituents opinions on given topics. What's the point in representing a given area if you are just going to vote as directed by the party whip?
                  Democracy / Party system = Fail.

Ultimately I would like to see a party free system where policy is given out to a free public vote all the time. With the internet and mobile telephony it would be easy to put a poll out for legislation to be voted on by the public. Just log on or text to make your views heard. Your MP would be responsible for reporting the findings and concerns of their constituents and would vote as they were told to by poll result for their constituency.

I wish one of the present party leaders had the balls to put such a system in place.
                  Last edited by CMcK; 04-06-2009, 15:18.

Comment

It is incredible that the tories are getting an *uplift* from the expenses "scandal". The Telegraph are STILL printing Tory expense issues and it goes to the top - Cameron has done some interesting things with mortgages in order to claim the maximum. Seems to have escaped as he has SAID that he will do something but has merely spun it like that - he got rid of the old people but people who did similar things that were his friends have been told its fine. The Shadow Cabinet for example... As has Boris Johnson, the only Tory that has power at the moment, bit of mortgage tomfoolery.

Comment

I can't help but agree to some degree, CMcK. What strikes me as even more worrying are parties that are spread across many countries. Whose agenda are they really serving?

Here in Ireland, I had people canvasing yesterday. I told them I didn't know their candidate. They told me nothing about him but told me that to vote for him was important just to keep Sinn Fein out. I have to admit, I bought into that logic, but when you're voting for someone on the basis that there are others who could be worse, that's probably not a good sign.

Comment

I'm going out to vote either Lib Dem or Libertas on the way home. I wasn't planning on voting but then I found out that my dad was voting UKIP, so I'm cancelling him out

Comment

Went before work, there was a cute girl manning the polling station, which was very nice.

Anyway, voted Lib Dem as always. Labour have got no chance while GB is still at the helm, can't stand the Tories. I can imagine them decimating my native North East when they get into power and I've yet to hear an actual policy from them.

I also can't get Stewart Lee's comment about DC out of my head: "I call him David 'weathercock' Cameron. Partly because he spins in the wind of public opinion like a weathercock and partly because he has no cock." Or words to that effect.
                          Last edited by NW2013; 05-06-2009, 06:56.

Comment

Just come back from voting. Surprised if some of the parties even get a vote! Never heard of half of them. Jury Team? WTF? Christian Party? WTF?

Anyway... good to see all the older folks turning up in their Sunday best!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                              Christian Party? WTF?
                              They even had a advert on the telly. Was pretty funny because of all the ****e "oh we'll base our laws on what the bible says" and such.

Comment

Working...
                              X