Total Recall (remake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Recall (remake)

No idea why they feel the need to remake Total Recall - find as it is thank you... but they are. The guy who re-wrote The Thomas Crown Affair is to blame.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

"Arnold Schwarzenegger retired from acting and is now a politician"

Noooooooo, really?

Comment

NOOOOOOOoooooo what are they doing? I was cool with the robocop remake, but for some reason, this is too far.

Comment

Read about this yesterday, nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to remakes.

Comment

Hollywood is churning out way too many remakes and in most cases they are watered down versions of the original with too much emphasis on set pieces and sfx. I love watching Japanese horrors and foreign movies the way they were meant to be, usually with native audio and subtitles, I don't need it remade for me to enjoy it.

Total Recall is a good movie that doesn't need to be remade. We have seen it before with re-boots of franchises and sequel after sequel that pale in comparison to the originals. I know Hollywood is doing this as it is far cheaper and easier to make a film when the base work has been set by others. The only recent film that has worked and been a success is the new Star Trek.

There are some instances where I'd love to see a modern remake but they tend to be smaller films that don't have the mass fan base that Hollywood is after.

Comment

Why? Why would you need to remake this? Wha..why? Why? why? why? why? why? why? why?

WHY!?

Comment

I wonder if they will throw in some Arnie one liners? I personally don't mind as I really enjoed the Total Recall universe........ and with todays SFX it would look even better.......

Although the original still hasa special place with me

Comment

Two weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                  Two weeks!
                  Que?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Maybe they can find an actor who can pronounce "consider it a divorce" this time.

Comment

lol now i get you! I thought you was hinting at an impossible release date of two weeks time!

Im tryna figure out which is more gross - that alien child in V or the ugleh thing stuck to the side of rebel leader in Total Recall........

Comment

Consider-der-der-divorce is such a memorable line though

Dick + Verhoven + Arnie = Dream Team

Any remake or reimagining or reboot or whatever take on the original story has its work cut out..

Comment

See you at the party Rick TORr!

Comment

Wonder if they'll keep the original ending this time

The original ending was that he was a vegetable in the chair after the memory implantation went wrong and that everything was his imagination. The girl and plot matching his fantasy, everything going to hell once he kills the company guy, it makes sense. The fade to white at the end was where it switched to him in a hospital bed.

Was taken out because it was too bleak

Comment

Working...
                              X