In Car Sat-Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Car Sat-Nav

My navman ICn520 is utter crap. Need something else. Anyone got any recommendations? All I want is 7 digit postcode support and cheap as poss!

Not that cheap - but this unit will last you ages.

Comment

A map? Where do you need to get to that's so hard to find?

Comment

I've had a TomTom 720 GO and it's been a very trusty piece of kit, it's one of the high specced models so doesn't go crazy on roundabouts.

It also has a computer voice so it actually reads aloud place names and road signs which is very handy also.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          A map? Where do you need to get to that's so hard to find?
          Takes too long and you can't read a map whilst driving a car; it's dangerous.
          I haven't finished living my life yet so I don't know all the places I'll need to go!
          Thanks for the suggestions guys. Approaching ?300 is too much though. Will take a look at that TomTom

Comment

I use a MyGuide 3100 (bought from Ebuyer, but now out of stock, but they have two later models). I use it with the iGo v7 navigator.

It's been excellent. Well worth the 50 quid I've paid for it. I've done trips to Germany, all over France (just completing a 1657 mile roundtrip 10 days ago), and it rarely sends you wrong. In those cases, I have a preplanned route and maps and after continuing on my route for a while, it recalculates the route and usually agrees with me.

The maps are 2007 and there was a motorway in the Loire region that it didn't know about, it just gave up nagging me for a u-turn and showed me driving through the fields .

Comment

Working...
            X