Zombieland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombieland

Personally, I think zombie movies have been done to death (*baddum tsh*) and they need to move on a bit. Still looks funny and worth a watch though.

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Looks miles better than shaun of the dead

Comment

Looks like a movie version of Dead Rising?

Comment

I really enjoyed this.

Really loud, really brash and (obviously) tailored for the Americans, but it's still very funny in parts and the best zombie film this year (in fact it might be the only one this year so that's no large feat.)

It's incredibly silly, if you watch the trailers then you've seen all the best action bits, and the cultural gap means I didn't find it as good as Shaun of the Dead for a zom com, but still worth a watch.

Comment

I though it was awesome, the scene with

Bill Murry in his house

was possibley the best cameo in a film ever, I couldnt stop laughing at it.

Then again i am a huge zombie nutt so I would love it. By the way Spatial, wasnt Dead Snow released this year? If that didn't have such a boring first act it would have been just as good as this film.

Comment

So it did. I heard mixed things about Dead Snow so never watched it (and the forgot all about it).

The cameo is brilliant, even if it does feel a little odd sitting in the film the way it does. After watching it I did a bit of reading and apparently

it was a real last minute thing and was mostly ad lib stuff.

Bloody funny though - the extended exhale was class

The opening sequence for the whole film is another great use of slow motion ala Watchmen too - so many funny, gory bits in such a short space of time

Comment

Yeah, really enjoyed this. Felt it wasn't just about the zombies for once, which was quite refreshing. I love my zombie films but this felt like it could stand up on it's own without them (just about :P).

Some great one liners and it's genuinely silly funny. Also gave me my new favourite insult

dick spit!

Comment

Good impressions guys. Could do with something decent to watch. Two good movies out on the same day, the other is Up! of course. Will probably go see this next week.

Comment

Of course I checked this out Thought it was good in places, OK in others. Some nice human touches. Was quite slow, the trailer, as has been mentioned, showed pretty much all the action - not highlights, almost all the action the film contains. I don't like trailers advertising one kind of film, and you get another.

Had some good jokes. Thought the direction / editing was disjointed, never felt purposeful or focused. And what is it with films and CG blood these days?

Way better than Dead Snow, which I felt was dull and never went anywhere. So yes, probably the best zombie film I've seen this year, but I was hoping for a lot more. The trailer made it look awesome.

Funny cameo

Comment

It's was miles better than shaun, great fun

Comment

Just saw it today, bloody loved it. The cameo bit was my favourite part, and I think I'm gonna watch a certain film tomorrow after seeing it

I liked the references, like

"That'll do, pig" (probably not a spoiler but better to be safe) and the Garfield bit cracked me up

From the trailer,

I thought Zombie Kill of the Week would be some kind of game show...

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                        It's was miles better than shaun, great fun
                        That's funnier than anything in Zombieland. Miles better than Shaun. Pfft.

I found this enjoyable enough, but when it had finished, the only lasting thoughts I had were about Twinkies. Spatial is spot on when he say's it's aimed at a predominantly American audience. I'm sure there is lots and lots of side-splittingly funny and clever jokes in there but I think you probably have to be American or well versed in American pop-culture to get them.

Confession time: I've never tasted a Twinkie. One day I will rectify that. I will put it on my 'things to do list before I die'. Alongside swimming with dolphins, skydiving and switching on my PS3.

Comment

I thought that the middle of this was quite slow, and could have done with a bit more action. Also, in some bits the CGI seemed to stick out. The comedy must have made up for it though, as I did enjoy it overall.

Comment

I saw this last night with a few mates and we all loved it.

I didn't know anything about the cameo, so it was a real treat!

Some hearty belly laughs throughout and loved the interaction between the characters.

I hope Tallahassee is a secret character in Dead Rising 2, that'd be ace.

Oh and Emma Stone is pretty easy on the eye too...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp
                              Oh and Emma Stone is pretty easy on the eye too...
                              Oh God yes!

I rarely, rarely mention anything about (foxy) women in films but she can do whatever the hell she would like to do to me any. day. of. the. week.

And twice on Sunday's too.

The film is great too and erm... I think it is more fun to watch than Shaun of the Dead even though I prefer the film a little bit more, mainly because of it's British humour and references much like Zombieland appealing to Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X