Q about NES power cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q about NES power cable?

Is the power cable for the NES a standard figure of 8 type cable? ie The type that is used on PSone, Xbox, PS2 etc.

Also how much should i pay for a NES? boxed and unboxed.

No, it's a pin-slot thing like a SNES. Consoles like PS2 and XBox contain their own voltage transformers, which is why you can throw 120/240v at them and they have no problem, but things like a SNES and NES need about 9v hence the need for an external PSU. I believe that a NES uses the same PSU as a SNES, I seem to recall my SNES PSU having a NES part number on it, but don't quote me on that and don't try it until it's confirmed by someone who can look at their PSU ratings and make sure. Personally, I use a multi-adaptor for my NES. I'm unsure of the right voltage/polarity settings as I'm about 10,000 miles away from my NES, but one of those will work fine. NES are worth about 20 quid if you're all excited and have to have it. 30 tops. You'll also probably have to clean it and any cartridges you get. It's a common problem with NES after this long, just do a search for it online, it's not hard to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
      I believe that a NES uses the same PSU as a SNES, I seem to recall my SNES PSU having a NES part number on it, but don't quote me on that and don't try it until it's confirmed by someone who can look at their PSU ratings and make sure.
      Confirmed - the PAL NES uses the exactly the same PSU as the PAL SNES.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I was thinking of getting it for games like Gradius, Salamander and Marble Madness. Infact i bought Gradius quite a while back off ebay, yet i still haven't got round to getting a NES!!... one of those ebay moments!

Comment

Working...
        X