X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 - New Roland Emmerich movie

**TRAILER** right click save as 480P

Synopsis
    An academic researcher leads a group of people in a fight to counteract the apocalyptic events that were predicted by the ancient Mayan calendar

Release date: 13th November (USA/UK)

I love his previous movies (Independence Day/The Day After Tomorrow) and the trailer just looks fantastic, i'm sure there will be a message about climate control and how we are destoying the planet etc etc etc

another plus is John Cusack who is a great actor

The special effects used are just some of the best i've seen and i guess another special movie for HD

during the trailer there looks like one special moment when airforce one gets washed away and it seems to head towards the 'ARK' that humanity has created, which looks like a laughable moment, but it still looks great and i bet there will be plenty of salutes and comments about America being grate ------ </cheesy>
    Last edited by buster_broon; 19-06-2009, 17:11.

I watched the trailer for this last night. Very well done effects. As for the film a bit to similar to Emmerich's other ones. As in External forces, or nature has it in for us ! Still should be good daft fun...

Did anyone else get that Dr Stangelove feel from the government's people selection. The, "continuity of our species.." ?

Comment

I'm going to file this under S where the rest of his films go.

Comment

Pretty poor. Good effects, but how often can you see a plane flying through debris until it's boring (that's not a spoiler, it's all in the trailer).

Can't recommend it. A 2 star movie. Good effects, huge scale, but couldn't really care less. No drama given the enormity of the situation.

Comment

Very "meh". Fantastic special effects but overlong and not really a compelling story. The Wikipedia article mentions they're planning on doing a TV series based on the aftermath which could potentially be interesting.

It's a real popcorn flick - just sit back and enjoy the spectacle but don't expect anything too engaging.

Comment

I had no interest in this film until I saw this alternative trailer in the Off-Topic YouTube thread and it makes it look awesome!

I even sourced the music: The Incredible Bongo Band

Comment

Hehe, nice trailer !

Comment

Working...
              X