Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum - Kasabian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum - Kasabian.

One of my favourite modern bands since their debut. I watch no end of their stuff on youtube on a weekly basis without fail (I own their stuff also)

Just got their new album today (3rd Album)

My word, it is absolutely amazing. Please buy this!

Its got edge in abundance.

already got it an can confirm its awesome, different from other stuff they done but i like it

Comment

Thick as Thieves, just mind blowing. The intro on track 7 is amazing (spoken)

The album as a whole is different, I agree totally. Some stuff has heavy guitaring then it eases some.

The record is fantastic. I've also watched their set at Glasto 3 times now..can't get enough.

My favourite LSF Version is on Letterman..its on youtube if you haven't seen it.

Comment

i thought they were great at Glastonbury, the Guardian were very sniffy about it for some reason.

one of the best live bands around, I saw them at Somerset House in London a couple of years back, best concert I've been to.

I like half this album and am a bit 'meh' towards a couple of the middle tracks which seem to have Door lite vibe to them.

got the version with the bonus live dvd, the Union Chaple stuff seems a bit low key.

Comment

Finally someone else who likes the album! It's absolute quality

I know one guy who won't listen to it out of prinicple that they released Fire as their single.

I'm not 100% keen on Fire, but I can see why they released it, if they popped out Vlad the Impaler you run the risk of the general public not giving a **** about the album because it's far too different.

This and Invaders Must Die make it a top year for music, for me.

Comment

what's the problem with Fire as a single, its brilliant, a perfect shout along Kasabian song ?

idea of a lead off single is to sell and promote the album. they aren't big enough yet to sell really big numbers on their name alone so I reckon Fire and the TV ad with Kaka did a great job of shifting a few copies of the album.

may not be a popular view but their shows/songs are really just Kaiser Chiefs with a straight face to me, good sing along stuff, I love them for it.

Comment

Loved the first album, was NOT a fan of the second, so....would you think I would enjoy this new one?

Comment

stream it on spotify and have a listen.

its a bit different from both in truth, the 1st had the electronic thing going on with the guitar sound, the second was quite 70s glam in places and this is mainly guitar led, with half the tracks being pretty catchy and singalong and the rest sound a bit Doors like to me.

Comment

Working...
                X