X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

favourite cartoon clips, episodes and characters

heres a good one to start

Some that I enjoyed when I was younger;

The Moomins (the anime, not any of that other crap)
    Samurai Jack
    Chris Colorado
    Batman of the Future
    Doug
    Hey Arthur (I was too old for this, but I really liked it, until they changed the voices, then I never watched it again)
    Aaah Real Monsters
    Pepper Anne
    Rocko's Modern Life
    and of course, Ren and Stimpy

Best 2d animated film of all time is Iron Giant, followed closely by Secret of Nimh, Ghost in the Shell and Perfect Blue.
    Last edited by noobish hat; 03-07-2009, 18:52.

Comment

any clips noobish? heard of moomins not much else, and i was more thinking of cartoons as there's a huge anime thread

Comment

Well I've hand picked the anime, because the rest of it is absolute **** except what I already mentioned. Oh, and Death Note.

Check out the killer opening to Chris Colorado
        Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I like that Tom and Jerry episode where Tom ties Jerry to a train track and races towards him with a mad look on his face. Jerry prays and there's signals going off all over, right before a canary drops a bowling ball through the floor in front of Tom. It's a great scene and perfectly accompanied by the Barber of Seville Overture.

Comment

Oh yeah I used to love tom and jerry, I had the 20th anniversary vhs set with every episode. Some of them are fantastically racist. Brilliant!

Oh that reminds me of another favourite - Bugs Bunny nips the nips.

Comment

Looney Tunes are classics. Duck season, rabbit season, Sylvester in birds anonymous et al... Tom & Jerry too. Such great animation an characters throughout. What was so good about Looney Tunes, they weren't originally created for children...

Bugs & Daffy...
              Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by wonderboy; 03-07-2009, 19:19.

Comment

Incredibly controversial this one but it's fascinating from a historical perspective and it has a level of direction you just don't see in shorts now.

WARNING: this is a WW2 era cartoon that is heavy on black sterotypes

Coal Black and de sebben dwarves

Comment

heres foghorn leghorn the dog and daffy duck

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                    heres foghorn leghorn the dog and daffy duck
                    Class ! Always loved the way Foghorn used to push the dog around and get his own back. Usually with the chickenhawk...

One for gamblers out there... "No no the machine...! "

Comment

There is a bit in this Tex Avery cartoon that stuck with me for some reason - I guess it just makes me lol. 3:09 onwards including the yell at 5:00 and a great ending for a cartoon imo.

"Thats the old stuff, thats the old stuff!"

Comment

I used to like those Thundercats episodes where they'd battle some mega-baddie. I remember one episode where a four legged big dog robot thing ripped the head off Thundercat liar. Another where a Rock Giant attacked the homestead. And another where some armoured centipede thing had a big battle with a load of moles and Team Kitty, with lasers firing everywhere. Superb!

Also those Droopy cartoons where the convict wolf can't escape from him, they seem to stick in the memory for an unknown reason.

Last edited by prinnysquad; 03-07-2009, 20:17.

Comment

droopy 1s classic that running off the cartoon where he gets to the edge to the film is so good really classic cartoons

Comment

Out of all the Simpsons this episode and in particular these moments are my favourites:

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              Also those Droopy cartoons where the convict wolf can't escape from him, they seem to stick in the memory for an unknown reason.
                              All i could think of when i read this, was, "Hello Joe !"... Also, the bit's where the guy would run out of town, before screaming in pain too... Tex Avery was great... I remember those ThunderCats episode too.

Miguel007, yeah those are classic, Simpsons... The bit in that episode where they do the editing for Fallout boy, when Milhouse goes missing...

Last edited by wonderboy; 03-07-2009, 22:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X