Football Betting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Betting

Ive been thinking about what bet to place with the new football season starting soon, and while for the past 2 seasons I have lost my £10 bet - last season I bet that Spurs would finish above everyone apart from MU and Chelsea...obviously I realised very early on that bet was lost.

The season before I was even more ambitious and I bet on Spurs to win the prem...again hopes were very soon dashed.

Ive been thinking that this year it might be more interesting to place a football accumulator type bet...also Im hoping this could bring some decent winnings.

So far I have been thinking to place a £10 bet on a) Spurs to finish in the top 4, b) Liverpool to win the premiership and c) Hull to get relegated.

I think each part of this bet is realistic, not sure what the odds will be but they could be fairly respectable.

Wondered if anyone else was planning to do something similar, if so I thought it might be fun and exciting to revisit this through the season and at the end see who has been successful with their bets.
    Last edited by baad bwoy; 30-07-2009, 16:25.

*bets £10 chelsea will finish above spurs next season*

*gets £10.01 back at the end of the season*

Chelsea are interestingly joint favourites to win outright. I suspect if we get a big signing, we'll be favourites. Risky bet though, relies on the manager gelling the team like Hiddink did.

Comment

Put some money on Portsmouth going down.

Comment

both are possible...be interesting to see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
          *bets ?10 chelsea will finish above spurs next season*

*gets ?10.01 back at the end of the season*
          I think you're being generous. ?10.001 back would be more like it, depressing as that is

If I had some spare fivers to throw around I'd go for Chelsea to win the CL, Madrid to win nowt, Juventus for Serie A and Spurs for the FA Cup.

Aside from that I think I'll stick to the occasional bet on individual matches.

Comment

Working...
          X