Sir Bobby Robson has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Bobby Robson has died

Just read that Bobby has died aged 76. He was a true gent of the game and will be missed by all football fans.

R.I.P Bobby.

Just seen it. Fairly sad but at least at 76 he's lived a full life.

Comment

That's a real shame, proper old fashioned gentleman. I liked the fact that he travelled all over Europe to experience management in different countries.

Comment

Always had a lot of time for Bobby Robson, one of the few people in football pretty much everyone seemed to like. A sad day.

Comment

Thats a shame he always seemed like a top bloke and absolutely loved his football. He will be missed!

Comment

Horrible news , IMO he was the greatest ever England Football Team Manager, and one of the nicest and kindest men on GOD's green earth .
            A true gentleman that will be sadly missed .

Like what's been said , even if you didn't like football , you still liked Bobby .I just hope the general and TV press , give then man the fitting send off he deservers

Comment

Best England Manager we ever had in my lifetime, and nothing short of a fantasic bloke and a proper footballing bloke all round and this news has made me so sad i may just shed a tear..Gutted..
              Last edited by glazza; 31-07-2009, 11:11.

Comment

First thing I read before I put the cricket on. Genuinely saddened.
                Childhood hero. Managed Barca. Got a lot out of England when he was manager, good and bad. Can't be faulted too much, when haven't we had a manager that was 100% successful.

Comment

Yep echo the above, was very sad to hear the news earlier today. Was genuinely shocked at how ill he looked when last saw a picture of him firstly a few months then weeks back.

Comment

It's a cliche, I know... but he was the last of his kind and we will never see his like again. He was a reminder of a time when footballers were more honourable and winning (not money) meant everything.

Comment

very sad
                      i have huge respect for him,

a true football legend,

Comment

Yes it's a big loss, true gent.

Did a fantastic job at Ipswich.

Will certainly be missed.

Comment

Sad news. A really nice guy and great ambassador for the game. A true fighter, fighting cancer fives times ! It's real shame, he didn't win that World Cup he deserved and had to see Newcastle at a low...

Comment

Couldn't believe it when I read it. Proper gutted. Just made me think of that 1990 summer.

England, World in Motion, THAT David Platt volley, Gazza's tears, Lineker's penalties against Cameroon...

Best England manager IMO.

Comment

Indeed, FamiDude.

Sir Bobby Robson's passion and enthusiasm for the game was truly incredible. He was well liked by everyone and no one had a bad word to say about him. His passing is a massive loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X