England (Women) humiliated by Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England (Women) humiliated by Germany

Women's Int. European Championship - I've been watching bits and pieces of the final and England being slaughtered 2-6.

I just can't take women's football seriously as a viewer. Nothing against the girls playing it, back at college 30 years ago I played in 5-a-side league that had a few mixed teams. Viscious they could be.

But whenever I see what are the supposed to be the best female footballers in the country the quality of the football is < 4th Division and that's being generous. There are skills on show but generally it's so far below the standard expected of men it simply isn't entertaining to watch even just for fun.

It's actually often embarrassing and when you're seeing an England team of any sort being taken apart by Germans that only amplifies the pain.

Didn't watch it (watched some of the last Women's World Cup and agree the standard is a bit of a joke) but sounds a bit harsh on England - the German women had apparently won 6 of the last 7 Euro tournaments so it's hardly surprising they dominated. Germany also comprehensively beat us by 4 in this years European Under 21 Championship Final.

Comment

More of a waffle than a post - deleted.
      Last edited by ShadowDancer; 18-09-2009, 02:33.

Comment

Working...
      X