No announcement yet.

Alpha Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just completed my first play-through on this and was totally gripped by it. I picked it up in the last Steam sale for about ?3 based on some good recommendations, sure it was buggy as hell, but with patience and concentrating on the game not the issues I found it really rewarding.

First things first, you need to tweak the game on PC. I found plenty of help on-line for where to change ini and config file settings, once this was done loading was much better (still not great) and performance in game was flawless.

Secondly I would recommend using an XBox controller if you can, the game is definitely a consolised bastard, so you may as well accept that and just plug in a good controller and play it without worry.

I agree with prinnysquad, the conversation in this is better than Mass Effect, the immediacy of it is superb and really keeps the excitement up, but add to that the actual content and characters in the game, it's really entertaining, I actually liked the protagonist, making him suave or aggressive as you please, really helped me immerse myself into the game.

Regarding the minigames, I absolutely loved them, all simple to do, but tricky enough to lose when the going gets tough, the lock-picking one is a real bitch when you need flick 5 pins in 15 seconds, not easy at all.

The only problem I had gameplay wise was at the end of the game where explosives come into play more and a helicopter killed me about 10 times before I could move on, only to come up against a boss with a rocket launcher.

10 out of 10 because it only cost about ?3, and I seriously loved the story and gameplay.

Comment

Working...
    X