Clash Of The Titans - PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clash Of The Titans - PS3

I picked this up for PS3 from Asda for ?19 odd quid. I am a big fan of the original film and enjoyed the remake so figured it was worth a pop.
    Quite a lengthy install on boot up but didn't check how much HD it took up. Nice intro with painted animations filling in the backstory. Onto the game, I started in Perseus home village with his mum and dad. The camera follows the character around behind and you can free look which I was not expecting. Turns out that it's not strictly a linear hack and slash but has an initiated quest structure.
    First quest was to free the village harbour of a siren who is blocking ships being launched. I accepted mission and on to the combat mechanics. There are two basic attack buttons that can be used together for various combos. Also can be used mid jump for some more. First battle was the siren and a stready stream of skeletan warriors. The skeletons crawl out of the ground which may sound cliched but is a nice link to Harryhausens Jason film.
    The combat is fast and fluid and has a good lock on that works very well. I enjoyed the battle a lot more than other hack and slashers I have played recently. It was nice playing a game that was clear on who I need to kill and the graphics were nice and bright with no slowdown.
    Once that mission is done another one opens up. Even though it appears like you have a lot of freedom I don't think that's the case, at least at this stage in the game. One nice touch is that the save point is Bubo the owl from the original film.
    Graphics won't win any awards but are nice enough, with some decent water effects and rock formations. Sound is mixed bag. Bubo sounds like he has been sampled from the original but Perseus sounds nothing like Sam Worthington.
    In closing I am enjoying it in an old school way. If you have finished God Of War and fancy a more sedate run through Greek mythology it's worth a go if you can get it for less than ?20
Working...
X