Gothic 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gothic 4

Played the pc version for about 10 hours now...

Quite enjoying it! Have the graphics settings at max and it looks amazing. Love the countryside once you get off the tutorial island and have time to explore.

It is all very old skool rpg fetch quests with terrible voice acting... but still fun to just explore the beautiful world.

Worth a punt if you can get it cheap!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

It is all very old skool rpg fetch quests with terrible voice acting
    Oh I don't know, the voice acting isn't THAT bad. Some of the lines of dialogue though, oh boy. THOSE are bad!

Comment

No, it really is bad - voice inflection is terrible.

The development budget most likely wasn't huge as with the other Gothic games, but if the demo is anything to go by then we may have a winner for the new 'worst VO'ed game in history' award.

Comment

How are the quests? Are there puzzles or only combat and fetch quests?

Comment

No puzzles whatsoever. I am totally in love with this game though can't stop playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by piesel View Post
            How are the quests? Are there puzzles or only combat and fetch quests?
            I've only seen Kill and Fetch Quests so far.

Comment

This one wasn't made by the same developer. The 360 version is an absolute shambles. Terrible performance & graphics, heck after speaking to the same npc model at different places one after the other at many times i gave up. It was like they weren't even trying, i've seen this in european rpgs before but they at least tried to differentiate them. The voice acting is hilarious and the story is disjointed.

The character skills & stats are really shallow & simple too.

I gave up after 5hrs.

Its a huge drop in quality after finishing Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga on the 360. Which was bloody excellent, if you have a choice go for that instead.

Given this game 4/10 for the xbox 360 version.
              Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 07-02-2011, 12:07.

Comment

I enjoyed the demo for this, I thought it looked rather nice and enjoyed the pickup hoarding.

If I get Divinity 2 instead, which I thought looked and played inferior (from the demo), and it's wank, I'm gonna skank you bad, zero9x.

Comment

I'll hold you to that.

I don't think the demo really shows off how shoddy the graphics really are until you leave the island. Almost every character you talk to has the same face & voice. The combat and performance issues really didn't help it either. Which is a shame because i acually had high hopes on loosing many a hour on it.

At least in Divinity 2 you can turn into a dragon!

Comment

And it's cheaper! Does the mindreading thing play a big part in the game? And is the combat ok? On the demo I seemed to be doing ok until I got nailed by a Goblin Chief 4 and couldn't find a way to heal beyond running away like a big tart.

Shame if Gothic 4 ruins its early promise, I liked the demo

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      And it's cheaper! Does the mindreading thing play a big part in the game? And is the combat ok? On the demo I seemed to be doing ok until I got nailed by a Goblin Chief 4 and couldn't find a way to heal beyond running away like a big tart.

Shame if Gothic 4 ruins its early promise, I liked the demo
                      The combat and the loot is what really makes the game. As for mindreading Yes it does, first thing i did was invest in all my mindreading as it allows you to gain info and sometimes extra skill & talent points.

The game is an easy 1000G too, i only missed out on a couple because I didn't pay attention.

Comment

That's settled then. Cheaper and better than Gothic4, so it has to be Divinity II. Remember my warning, though, euro rpg liege.

Comment

I actually liked the demo for this more than Divinity 2's. But I've just gone with Divinity 2 based on recommendations in here. It better not be gash! Haha.

Comment

Working...
                          X