Frenzic (DSiware 200 points)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frenzic (DSiware 200 points)

Only released on Friday 26th Nov i have already put a good few hours into this simple but extremely addictive puzzler.

Frenzic is all about pie, no that is not a typo.

The idea of the game is to fill your grids with sections of pie. Think the counters that you use on Trivial Pursuit. Once completed they reset and you score, it sounds simple and dull however you only have a limited amount of time to place your section before losing a life. This time reduces from about 3 seconds to 1 the further you advance. If you complete a pie with all the same colour not only do you score but you get an extra life.

The game also offers some items to help, but these have to be earned by completing a pie all of the same colour in one of the marked bonus areas. These bonuses give you more time to place your pieces, double all scores for 25 seconds and remove all placed pieces from the play area.

Scoring happens when each pie is completed and for each section within that pie that is the same colour you get bonus points. So having a pie all orange you would get 1,2,3,4,5,6 for a total of 21 where a section of 5 orange and 1 blue would score 1 (for blue) 1 (for orange), 2,3,4,5 for a total of 16.

The game requires skill and a cool head buch like the more frantic you often find yourself waiting for that one piece and when it does come the game is moving at such a fast pace you can sometimes miss the bit you are waiting for if you are not paying close attention.

The game only offers 1 mode which is an endless mode but for 200 points it is a bargain and by far and away the best 200 point game on DSiware and even beats the majority of 500 point games for keeping you hooked and solid gameplay.

The game is also on Iphone so i am told for $5 not sure what that is in real money (about £3 i would guess)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMhUolZBVbM (DSI trailer)
    Last edited by The Mole; 27-11-2010, 10:14.
Working...
X