Rune Factory 3 (DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rune Factory 3 (DS)

This is the first RF game I've played in English...I'm not a l33t importer by any means, I just prefer Japanese VA in my games. This is palatable, so I'm not complaining.

In the usual Rune Factory style, the main character wanders into town and passes out. And upon awakening finds that he has no memory of his former life. The cute-but-overly-assuming-and-pushy main heroine then gives him a farm and some tools to start his new life. Honestly, it's like they slip him something to get rid of his memory. Your house is the inside of a tree and the farm - the only one in the village - is underneath it. Surely there isn't enough light down there? Apparently there is, and don't call me Shirley (RIP Leslie Nielson ).

Ah, and the twist in this one is that the main character ISN'T human when we first see him - he's a monster. Wooo.

There's an eclectic mix of characters in the village - the shy girls, tsundere, lazy, etc. And oddly few guys. You've got to worry a little bit about inbreeding...Lots of chatting and voiced lines. The sound effects haven't changed at all since the first game, and that's not really an issue. !broken=!fixable

To the controls Batman! What's changed? Hmm, not much I guess. You can now pick up up to 9 of an item at a time to put in your pack or in the shipping chest/etc. Hold 9 and press "give" and you only give one. Handy. Withered crops can be brought back to life by watering them. Rune points appear when you pick crops, not just over the top over a full field of 9. Runies (from RF Frontier) also appear but I have no idea what they get used for at the moment.Time passes wherever you are, inside a building or not, so there's a little more pressure on from that.

So at some point we'll get the ability to transform into a monster. You have the magic to start with but cannot use it. Amnesia is to blame it seems.

In all, enjoying it so far, nice slice of farming and fantasy. Real time fights and that are right up my alley. Or garden path, whatever.
Working...
X