Score Rush - XBL Indie Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score Rush - XBL Indie Game

SHUMP fans (like me) will love this. Dual stick shooter, loads of bullets, boss fights and colour assault on the eyes

Stripped down shooter with simple controls and is bullet dodging fest. You hav3 three bombs to get you out of trouble and power up by collecting red orby things. It really is great fun, and up to 4 players can play. I have only played single player

The graphics are really great and the gameplay is fair, you can dodge the many bullets but boy do you have to concentrate. I am in in the top 20 in the leader boards but suspect I will soon get trounced!

It is really addictive and at 80pts is a steal.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Ah I just posted about this in the downloads section. Absolutely brilliant game. Ridiculous at 80 points.

Comment

Wicked little game, smooth as treacle and just as addictive. Strange choice of soundtrack, mind, doesn't really suit the visual style nor the action.

Anyone else experiencing sound breakup when the action gets heavy?

Comment

What's everyone's best score? I managed 27 million odd, felt pretty proud 'til I saw there were still 3 or 4 bosses to come. Can't see myself beating it and unlocking the harder difficulty setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
          yeah it's a known problem and being fixed apparently, also apparently it's a surround sound problem and switching to stereo helps:

i've just been playing with the sound off, great game

Comment

Wicked little game, smooth as treacle and just as addictive. Strange choice of soundtrack, mind, doesn't really suit the visual style nor the action.

Disagree about the music, I think rock type music works well for shmups, like in the early donpachi games, it gets you pumped and ready to dodge thousands of bullets.

Great game this as has been said, brilliant value at 80 points.

Comment

What's everyone's best score? I managed 27 million odd, felt pretty proud 'til I saw there were still 3 or 4 bosses to come. Can't see myself beating it and unlocking the harder difficulty setting.
              79 million so far. Two bosses to go :/

Comment

The multiplier is hard to work out, the instructions say there is one but it dosnet show you on screen how its working as far as I can see so you never really know.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                  The multiplier is hard to work out, the instructions say there is one but it dosnet show you on screen how its working as far as I can see so you never really know.
                  It's based on speed. Quicker you kill an enemy, the more points you get. Simple as that.

Comment

Impressive score. I'm way behind on a paltry 47 mil.

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                    Disagree about the music, I think rock type music works well for shmups, like in the early donpachi games, it gets you pumped and ready to dodge thousands of bullets.
                    Horses for courses of course, but I find what best accompanies abstract games is abstract music. When I hear a guitar I tend to think of mankind and his affairs (unless we're talking soaring Pink Floyd type guitar work) where as trance, techno, even classical, are better suited to accompanying more abstract and universal themes.

Comment

Up to 68 mil now. Don't like how the lesser enemies are worth so few points compared to the bosses, especially as it's usually the lessers who end up taking my lives.

Comment

Working...
                      X