[PS3] Heroes on the Move [DEMO]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS3] Heroes on the Move [DEMO]

I'm not good at this first play malarky so please excuse the quality of this.

Firstly thanks to Bort for providing me an early access code to try this out.

Only played the opening tutorial so far. The game features classic Playstation characters Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank and it seems that it's going to be a bunch of mini games.

The game uses the Move and Navigation controller and there's some initial calibration to be done. You are required to stand in a set position it seems as you are asked to make your head and torso fit inside a silhouette. Then you point the Move at the camera and aim at a couple of targets on screen and you're good to go.

I started off playing as Sly Cooper (I think!) in the opening level from Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction. I was equipped with a kind of laser whip thing and the tutorial shows you how to whip enemies and crates. In addition to normal whips you can charge an overhead whip for massive damage and also, by pulling the Navi trigger before whipping, use the whip to wrap around enemies before flicking the Move controller to throw them in your desired direction. I'd guess there are more moves to open up later on and probably other game styles but can't be sure yet.

The game features a lock on feature so you can circle-strafe the enemy you are locked on to and I found this was pretty much a necessity as it's very easy to lose your bearings and get the camera trapped behind crates etc.

After I cleared the opening tutorial the Move calibration was way off and needed to be recalibrated :-(

Presentation is pretty good. Looks like it's 720p and a fairly steady 30fps.

I'll play a bit more of this at the weekend with my daughter. Seems like it could be fun for younger gamers but not my cuppa tea and I have to question the capabilities of Move for games like this (frantic, aggressive swinging of the Move controller). Move seems to work very well for games requiring small precise movements e.g. Tumble, Killzone 3, Time Crisis but it has a tendency to lose calibration easily in games requiring arm flailing.
Working...
X