Conduit 2 (Wii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conduit 2 (Wii)

Okay, I haven't finished the first game. I got a decent distance into it.

This feels so much more right than that did. The controls are tighter, the graphics are that little bit better and oh do I love the guns
    The online multiplayer is better than Goldeney007, at least in my opinion, as I'm not just getting wasted every single match. Even the n00b can get in a couple of kills.

Whether playing online or the offline campaign, you get credits for finding conspiracy items, frags, etc. These can then be used to by weapons for online play or different pieces of armour for your character.

I need another 3000 credits before i can unlock the AR-C Eclipse (27'000 credits) - semi-automatic rifle with infinite rounds BUT overheats if you fire off too many. The secondary mode is a cloak of invisibility, which in turn (and completely contrary to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics) cools your rifle down. Alternating between doing two modes will keep you shooting and hiding.

Weapons can also be unlocked by scanning secret items in the single player campaign mode so you don't have to spend your points on them.

I'm playing the second easiest difficulty and it's still challenging for me, especially the boss at the end of the third section. Took me more that 10 tries to kill that SOB.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Landed up with 2 copies of this. Don't really go for 'sci-fi' I kinda dislike the setting, but, its on the best console
    and uses the classic controller pro (Motion sickness for me via wiimote method, so never played 1st)

will post up some impressions when either copy arrives.

How you finding SP...how far you in now?

Comment

I'm in Siberia (just after China) and stuck in a bit with lots of vertical elevators and lots of damn robot dogs.

I have a thread in the online gaming forum for friend codes btw.

Comment

Beat the story mode earlier. There are only 4 actual levels to it.
        Afterwards you can

go back to worlds you visited and pick up the items/scans you missed the first time around. Plus there are more locations in the conduit directory that can be gone to to gather weapon blueprints, etc. It all goes towards your loadout for the online game

Comment

I hadnt realised you could use the classic controller on this. I might have to pick it up now.

I never completed the original though, becuase not only did it give me arm ache but once I got over the fact that the Wii actualy had a decent first person shooter for once it didnt do anything particuarly that well. It was decent but unspectacular and it just wasnt worth playing through the wrist pain.

I take it this is a better game then?

Comment

How do the controls fare with motion+ ?

One thing I hate about the Wii is that it isn't built for wiimote FPSs. You just can't make sudden or quick turns without leaving sight of the sensor bar.

Comment

180-degree turn by pressing up on the d-pad.
              I still play it fine with the wiimote+ but haven't tried the ccpro yet.

Comment

I'm enjoying it so far. Its a farcry from Goldeneye, which to be fair..is a credit to Goldeneye for being the best FPS this gen.

CCP is fine with me...just a shame the sights are toggle rather than hold/release which I prefer.

I'm not that far in...but it seems decent enough..

Comment

LOL In contempt at EDGE Review (4) I wont even bring myself to read it.

This may start off kinda generic, like Prey for example, but it opens up quite nice.

Gunplay is fine and there is plenty of variation in stages and some real nice touches.

Really enjoying this, starts off slow, but gets going quick enough. Pisses on a lot of other FPS games
                  this gen. But a 4...That is taking the piss.

Comment

Working...
                  X