Amy Psn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amy Psn

Oh dear was looking forward to this ?8 from psn. Where to start poor graphics (silent hill 2 looks better and moves smoother) frame rate drops all over the place and tearing. The gameplay is a mix of Ico, clock tower, siren, silent hill melee combat and dull puzzles. I will clear it just because I love survival horror games but the pacing is bad, control is iffy, combat woeful and feels unfinished and it's laden with difficulty spikes pretty much more than 2 enemies you are screwed what a shame
    Ten
    0%
    Pants
    0%

Bugger can someone fix the poll

Comment

Wow, sounds hideous!! Glad I spent ?8 on Crysis than this.

Comment

That's the new forum wide scoring system

Comment

Wow, real shame about this. I have been itching for some decent horror gaming. Maybe they can give a little post release patch spit and polish a-la Hydrophobia. None of the issues aren't fixable. Well, maybe the pacing...

Comment

They did patch it I was basing it after the 1.01 52mb patch bloody naff It's even worse than silent hill homecoming bah!
            Last edited by ETC; 12-01-2012, 08:21.

Comment

I would recommend playing the trial if you are interested and like survival horror. I was really looking forward to this and despite the low review scores I ended up playing the trial and then buying it.

It isn't a great game but it isn't as bad as Eurogamer made out and I still have a big soft spot for slightly janky survival horrors. Reminds me a lot of PS2 era games like Haunting Ground and Clock Tower 3. If you have any interest, try it and don't write it off immediately.

Comment

I tried the demo. I couldn't see it being as bad as the eurogamer review made out, and I love survival horror.

I can handle the awkward controls and slightly odd graphics, but the level design and pacing are really bad. You're meant to be in a train station, but it's laid out like some kind of Gauntlet style maze with loads of locked doors.

The limping, bug eyed weirdo from New Yoik who accompanied you was more scary than the monsters.

It's a shame, as the setup of crashing into a train station freshly overrun by nutty monsters could have been frigging awesome.

I just loves that survival horror, so I'll probably end up buying the full thing one day, though...

Comment

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post
                  The limping, bug eyed weirdo from New Yoik who accompanied you was more scary than the monsters.
                  Did you ever play the Xbox Call of Cthulhu game? Looks like he fell out of that.

Comment

Ha. Thought the very same thing! I should really try and finish that.

Comment

Same, need to buy that Cthulhu game on Steam now my xbox died, radical game.

Comment

Aw I didn't know this came out. I been really looking forward to it but my expectation are super low now... I did love haunting ground and clock tower 3 and it's been a good 7 or 8 months since I've wanted a single game so I hope I enjoy this.

Comment

Working...
                        X