Dillans Rolling Western (3DS eshop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dillans Rolling Western (3DS eshop)

Ok this is an interesting one. First of all it is not your typical cheap eshop game it is ?9 which makes it one of the most expensive games in the eshop.

The game comes from the same team behind the Tingle games which i wanted to love but could not, however this one suits my tastes a bit more.

The game is a unique spin on the old tower defence genre. You play Dillan who is an Armadillo but mistakingly i skipped the story and it is quite integral to the gameplay as i lost straight away due to not knowing what i was doing. However after losing i have figured it out a bit. The idea is before sundown (when you have to protect the town) you have to race around the map collecting gems which you can sell to gain cash that can be used upgrade towers before sundown. These gems are in hidden mines. Further to this you also have to collect these cloud type things which are just about the landscape and take them to the town before the attack. The more of these you get and take to the town the better, as they result in your lives or how much damage your town can take. If you manage to get 12 to the town before sundown, then you will have 12 lives against any attack that gets to the town. Meaning 12 enemies can infultrate the town before you lose.

The gameplay is very well thought out do you try and build your lives or build your defences or try and get a mix of both?

When sundown does hit you are attached by giant walking rocks these walk a set path to get to the town where they will attack. However you can also attack and take them out. Attack one before it gets to the town and you play a battle game to try and take it out. This involves rolling into a ball and flicking Dillan at the rock parts to break them up. However when charging it leaves you open to attack. Do you do short combo attacks that do little damage but keep you safe or try and and go in for the longer charged killer blow to get them out of the way quickly so you can protect the town from the other walking rocks.

The rocks continue to advance towards the town at the same rate even when you are in battle, so a quick fight is a must in later on as the rocks at the back will all get very close to the town if you are not quick even on map 1.

It is a very fun game it feels like a full release and is better than a lot of the crap that currently graces the 3ds retail shelves let alone the eshop.

Worth a look if you like tower games action games or just want something original and fun.
    Last edited by The Mole; 22-02-2012, 22:11.
Working...
X