Rhythm Thief (3ds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhythm Thief (3ds)

Finally after waiting a lifetime for Zavvi to send it i finally got it today.

First thing to note the developers have clearly been playing Prof Layton, as the graphical style is identical, as well as the way you look for coins in locations and the overall layout and presentation its clear that game has inspired them.

However replacing the puzzles are 50 different rhythm games, these range from DDR style games, Simple Simon games and some of the more obscure. Think Rhythm Heaven for these, where following the beat of the music is key.

In the game everything revolves around sounds and music, rather than finding a key or a code to unlock a door you have to find the sound, record it and play it back, its is quite easy to spot what you are looking for, rather than clues, the game will tell you the sound you need for certain parts. For example you need to find a route home but the only way is blocked by a guard scared by dogs, you goto the park and record a dog barking and play it back to get him to move.

Along the way of the story you will get to talk with people who appear to have a need for certain music tasks to be completed in order for them to be happy and for the story to advance. Just like Layton but replace puzzles with rhythm games and you have it.

So far i am having a blast because they have not been shy in taking the best bits from other games it makes this a really enjoyable package.

You can download a free eshop demo which is what sold me.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Thanks for the impressions - loved Rhythm Tengoku and was thinking my 3ds has been neglected ! will check out the demo.

Comment

I finished this yesterday and thought it was pretty great! Diet Layton X Rhythm Heaven is the best way to describe it I think. Pretty easy but the setting and story are nice and light.

Comment

Working...
      X