No announcement yet.

Spec Ops: The Line review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked this up cheap on steam. It wasn't too bad at all. I enjoyed the story, it certainly had an edge and made you think. Good to see the morality issue central to the story, even if it did contain really over the top pieces and got a bit too much Apocalypse Now for my liking. I felt it lacked the polish of' some of the better cover shooters, the cover mechanic wasn't as smooth as some, I like the shooting and the variety of weapons. I am a bit over "on rails" sections in shooters a little, especially where there are strange difficulty spikes that are frustrating.

A very, very short game, according to Steam, 12 hours of play (single player only, co-op and multiplayer are dead) and I reckon I COULD get the remaining 25% achievements with perhaps a few more hours, though I'm not really inclined to try.

Certainly better than average, for me a 6 feels about right.

Comment

Just wrapping this up now having revisited it on the Deck. I've been skipping the cutscenes as I recall the story and as a PS3 era title that side of things has aged a fair bit. I've got the difficulty cranked down so it's just mindless lunch time fodder and I'm closing in on the end. It's low demanding enough that you can get around 3 hours out of the Deck battery playing it which is actually longer than the time it will take to beat the ending. Decent enough title to blow the cobwebs off between meatier titles.

Comment

Working...
      X