Inversion review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inversion review

No First Play thread, that's how under the radar this ended up being. Picked this up second hand at the weekend and only had a chance to try out the opener.

You play a local cop heading to visit home with his partner when chaos erupts within the city as masked men start gunning down civilians. You and your partner grab your guns to investigate what is going on when suddenly the city starts ripping itself apart and things start floating as pockets of gravity cancel out.

Before that you see/play small snippets of later parts of the game. There's nothing to hide in this to mask the fact this is an anti-gravity Gears of War. Everything screams Gears and the later sections that are briefly shown are clear indicators that it will get more and more like that series. I need to have a tinker with the settings as at the moment aiming and controlling feel too loose, those who are bothered by such things will be glad to know auto-aim is toggle friendly and off by default.

It's not a great looker, not bad as such but a little rough around the edges (PS3 version) but it's inoffensive enough. Everything so far points towards a decent but generically forgettable experience ahead.
    1 - Spun me nuts
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 - Turned my world upside down
    0%

This took a stumble last night, though I got the gravity add-on which lets me make some rocks and things float, I ended up in Gears style tunnels and it suddenly got a lot less interesting. I halved the sensitivity but it's still pretty loose. Worryingly I've done very little but I'm already around 25% done too.

Comment

Just about half way through and the tunnels are behind me with the gravity elements just about starting to appear. Complete waste of half a game but time to see if it does anything with the mechanic

Comment

Working...
      X