Puddle [All Formats] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle [All Formats] review

Oh another Loco Roco rip off? I've not actually played that so I really can't comment.

Like recently released 3DS download Fluidity: Spincycle (~Hydroventure something for you guys), this is about tilting liquid and getting it into a the exit. But not just water! So far I've been tipping water, weed killer, fertiliser and "hydrocarbon" (very much lacking in proper nomenclature there - for shame!)

Controls default to using ZL/ZR to tilt the screen and manoeuvre the globules of fluid, but the left stick or motion controls can also be used. To say the levels are tricky is no understatement, trying to stop your water fly across into a wall of fire is physically impossible so several tries are necessary for some levels.

Or not. The completion time is very important, sometimes even more so than the quantity of liquid that makes it through the level. It seems a little counter-intuitive in that respect, but seeing as how there are so many near-unavoidable pitfalls while traversing the landscape, it really does balance well. Can't make it through without losing 60% of the fertiliser? Just go through it faster and see if that makes a difference.

Frustrating and fun. Good for a quick play, great for a long play. Get it on sale
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Picked this up for the PS4 yesterday, is only ?2.96 in the sale with the PS+ discount. Is cross buy with Vita version too, would be great on the Vita I'm sure.

As kryss said just two controls, tilt left and right and that's it. Great puzzle game for the price of less than a pint, highly recommended.
    Not come across any frustration points yet, levels are pretty short so sure you can blast through most easily enough.

Trailer video to whet/wet your appetite.

Last edited by VR46; 31-08-2014, 09:58.

Comment

Cheap beer where you live mate. Its ?3.70 for a pint in most bars in Belfast..... ;-)

Comment

Of which ?2.96 is less than the price of.

Comment

Hate some of the human body levels where you have to try and float. Can be very frustrating. loving every other level though. Good fun harmless game.

Comment

This is free for you guys from the UK Amazon shop today.

Comment

Oooh, thanks for the heads up kryss will grab that in a moment.

The late levels on the PS4 version but didn't become much fun in the end, but I will return to it at some point.
              I got to an overall ranking of 200 worldwide though.

Comment

So only 199 other people play it?

Comment

No at least 3000 downloaded it on PS+ (Vita) and turned it off after 30 seconds you mean. I'm assuming the PS4 & Vita leaderboards are combined - if not, a hell of a lot of PS4 owners bought it and never even completed the first level.

There are about 3700 people on the leaderboard. Guess it's the same on the Wii U, it all works backwards where you start with a four minute completion time for each of the 48 levels and have to get your time as low as possible overall.

Comment

Working...
                  X