God of War Ascension [PS3] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played it and finished it and I like it

Graphics are pretty and the story is well god of war, its by no means the best in the series but enjoyable none the less with the final boss being quite well erm massive

I don't mind the new combo system because its like you have to work for the more powerful combo's which just adds to the difficulty

But I don't get how people feel the trial of Archimedes is difficult as I went through it on my first go and came out with pretty much all my health in tact

just use fire elemental, R2 special if you are surrounded with slowing them down L2 & square and having a helping hand with your twin who causes all sorts of damage R2 & triangle

Was taken aback at how good the graphics are when you start to heal various terrains and some of the mid level bosses like the elephant are just incredibly well detailed and took pleasure in tearing my blades through its head and loved the centurions
    Last edited by buster_broon; 21-04-2013, 02:15.

Comment

Been playing it through now on hard and its more of a challenge and suddenly realised how good the L3+R3 attack is in tight spaces

Basically it acts as a super heavy attack which can kill smaller enemies outright but can send bigger including sub-bosses into grapple mode

Biggest pain on hard was the hecatoncharies two hits and you were dead

At around he 16th chapter - just playing it through on hard to open a few more trophies

Comment

Now on the trial of Archimedes on hard and I'm sure there weren't 6 medusas and 4 lightning sirens on the first floor

Took 6:45 to get here and only need a couple of trophies for the full set (finish on hard, blood oath, slow down 100 enemies & all trophies)

For those who struggled try L2&square to slow enemies down, L2&triangle to call in a friend and super L3&R3 once its charged and you will cut through the bigger baddies in no time

Comment

well completed it on hard and it wasn't that bad or difficult on hard - a couple of headaches but nothing that serious

people who stopped at the Archimedes trial just give it another go because the first wave is definitely the hardest and there is only 3 waves

first has some medusa's and shrieky thingies

second has harpies and some Amazonian woman and one iron statue (electric) thrown in for good measure but its a narrow fighting area which when L3&R3 couple with other L2 attacks means a lot of damage is taken by other baddies (also fire coming out the walls which is easily timed and missed

third area is just one centurion and 3 horned drill under the ground thingies and the walls are spiked

learnt more skills when I played it through on hard like I didn't know the horned drill under the ground thingies can be pulled from the ground by using the grapple and when you do it you also smash them around the screen

anybody else still playing this

Edit

Now got my first 100% platinum ranked trophy game

It joins dead rising and Ghost recon advanced warfighter as the only 3 games I could be bothered to complete fully

Others like graw2 I couldn't because of online trophies
          Last edited by buster_broon; 25-04-2013, 21:02.

Comment

this is by far the worst GoW game i've played to day. the combat is repetitive and just painful, new mechanics like the rage meter are stupidly integrated, the magic and weapons, even fully levelled, lack power, waves after waves of same enemies respawn into closed arenas over and over again. most of all difficulty is unbalanced. i am stuck close to the end now but i can't even lower difficulty to progress, i have to start from scratch...

Comment

Working...
            X