Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrolls - PC review

Bit surprised we have no thread?

Anyway, been playing this for over a week. It's out on paid beta (similar to Minecraft) and really finding it a good workout for my poor old brain.

For those who don't know what it is ... it's the new game from Mojang. For the lamen, I would describe it as a cross between chess and Plants vs Zombies with online 1v1 matches. The premise is that you have a deck of 50 cards which you can mix and match with card bought or traded and then fight it out in an arena where you move pieces about. YOu then draw cards which give you units, spells or enchantments. THe aim is to destory the opponent's idols on the other side of the board.

I realise I am not doing a good job of describing it! Watch the YouTube videos! What I will say is that it is a lot of fun. I have only played the AI at the moment apart from one game against my son where the netcode crashed. Haven't beaten medium AI yet but I reckon I just need to eran more gold to build up a deck of cards to suit my style.

Try it out. It is deceptively deep and well presented. Would be perfect for tablets too when they get round to it.
    Last edited by Mr Ono; 16-06-2013, 20:37.
Working...
X