Contrast [PS4/PS3/360/PC] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contrast [PS4/PS3/360/PC] review

Available on the Playstation Store and Free for Plus members.

This is puzzle adventure game, set in the 1930's I'd say. You play the part of a nameless woman who can become a shadow. Almost everyone else in the world is just a shadow too apart form this little girl who you are helping. The main mechanic of the game is that you can become a shadow and you must use this ability to make your way to otherwise out of reach places.

I really like it. The controls are a bit unresponsive at times and your character has a tendency to just walk all over everything e.g. tables and chairs but the art style is great as is the voice acting. I've only played an hour but I recommend it to all plus members with a PS4. Plays great on the Vita too (via remote play).
    Living in the shadows of better games
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    Joy Division's Shadowplay
    0%

Yeah I like it something a little different

Comment

I've played the first act and I am enjoying it a lot. The switching between shadow/light is a cool mechanic.

The controls seem a bit unresponsive though, the platform jumping is a little 'floaty'...

Comment

Finished this now...very enjoyable but the controls got really annoying at times.
        Hopefully if it gets a sequel they can sort them out as the shadow switching was really good.

Comment

Managed to put me off it entirely within about 15 minutes due to some really ropey jumping mechanics and glitchy movement. Wasn't bowled over by the style either. It really shouldn't matter so much, but it's not a great early doors showcase for the PS4 with its big frame rate drops within the first bloody room, either.

Comment

Is it available for Vita as well as PS3/4?

Comment

Tried this on the PS4 last night, enjoying it, would never have bought it if it wasn't on PS+ to be honest so nice to have my eyes opened to something different and fun for free almost.
              Guessing it will only take about three hours tops to complete.

Don't think it's on the Vita EM.

Comment

Working...
              X