No announcement yet.

Terraria - PS Vita review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it last night myself and all i seem to be doing is digging diagonal holes and then running to my bunker and killing zombies who come to my front door.

Did fall a fair amount then landed in water so deep that i was never going to die. Figured this morning i need to build a furnace to make other stuff. I need a guide of some sort

Comment

There's a guide in the game, he moves into the first house you build. Build more houses and more people move in.

Comment

yeah got the little fella in my house , it was him that mentioned about the furnace. Only get to play it during breaks at work and hour dinner flew by without me doing much at all. Kind of reminds me how i was with oblivion, hours just disappearing

Comment

Looking on youtube at some of the weapons you can make. Guns! Game becomes Metal Slug-like

Comment

Try to get more houses built so more NPCs move it, then it seems more ore appears underground, and more people move in, etc.
            Got me a gold pick and gold axe now

Comment

I tried the demo. I must say building the house totally confused me to start with. I though you needed to build the wall pieces rather than use bits of wood. In two minds about the full game. Somewhat surprised by how small the demo was in Mb.

Can be tricky to get back up to the surface, but at least I had plenty of stone to make steps.

Eventually decided I preferred the Manual Cursor.

I fell in that deep water and got killed!

I need more Vita games (I got the pack with the racing and sports games) and bought Virtua Tennis 4 because it was so cheap. I downloaded the free cars (already downloaded on PSP) for GT and downloaded Phantom Brave onto (another I have on PSP). so i am onto a fourth "bubble" screen with the Terraria demo.

Comment

This thread is making me wish that the PC version had joypad support.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                  I tried the demo. I must say building the house totally confused me to start with. I though you needed to build the wall pieces rather than use bits of wood. In two minds about the full game. Somewhat surprised by how small the demo was in Mb.

Can be tricky to get back up to the surface, but at least I had plenty of stone to make steps.

Eventually decided I preferred the Manual Cursor.

I fell in that deep water and got killed!

I need more Vita games (I got the pack with the racing and sports games) and bought Virtua Tennis 4 because it was so cheap. I downloaded the free cars (already downloaded on PSP) for GT and downloaded Phantom Brave onto (another I have on PSP). so i am onto a fourth "bubble" screen with the Terraria demo.
                  Try to carry a torch (have it on quick select) so you can place it or just hold it to see what you are about to mine into. Hopefully not a bottomless pit or deep water

The amount of cool things you can craft is nuts. Drills, FFVII buster sword, guns, bee gun!,

Comment

Hmm.. Sort of wish I picked this up in the xbla sale.

Btw - was that IGN reviewer on the pop? Enunciate god damn it!

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                      Try to carry a torch (have it on quick select) so you can place it or just hold it to see what you are about to mine into. Hopefully not a bottomless pit or deep water

The amount of cool things you can craft is nuts. Drills, FFVII buster sword, guns, bee gun!,
                      The second NPC that moved in has a miners hat for sale for 8 gold coins that has a light on it. Still not got enough for it...

Comment

Are the proper controls on Vita enough to justify the ?8 price hike over the iOS version?

Comment

Physical controls > touch.

Comment

Are they ?8 greater though?

What I guess I'm asking is - are real controls required for Terraria. IMO Spelunky wouldn't work on iOS - are quick reflexes needed for Terraria?

Comment

Well you do have to fight off stuff. I guess I'm just a stickler for avoiding touch controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X