[DS] Pokemon Typing Adventure review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DS] Pokemon Typing Adventure review

This came out couple of years back and had my eye on it off over the past 12 months (due to it being ?40 normally) but only bit when price dropped to under ?16 on Amazon recently.

You get the game (in a normal DS case), the Bluetooth keyboard and a stand to put your DS/3DS on. Keyboard is about 15% smaller than a standard one so does take about 15 minutes to get used to.
    Keyboard can be used with other devices, being made by Nintendo, it's of great quality.

Been playing on the 3DS it looks and plays great. Harmless fun for adults or teaching kids to use a keyboard better. You start off just typing the first letter of the Pok?mon name, then first two letters and so on - difficulty soon ramps up and is in fact quite challenging within an hours play, not only for accuracy but speed/time also.

Does what it says on the tin (well in the wording below).

Learn a method of touch typing with Pok?mon through various routes and areas discovering Pok?mon. The game is played with a wireless Bluetooth keyboard. Type the Pok?mon names you see in the locations as quickly and accurately as you can.

There are over 400 different Pok?mon, including Legendary Pok?mon! Over 60 different courses and challenges, including deserts and forests and 180 medals to obtain (three per zone: bronze, silver and gold)
    by achieving certain point scores, capturing certain Pok?mon and not making any typing mistakes.

You will start to come across rarer Pok?mon as you improve. Get higher scores as you improve your typing ability in each course and win Gold Medals. Increase the number of locations you can play by collecting Medals and researching lots of Pok?mon.
    It also keeps track of your Pok?mon and typing progress of course

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I bought two of these when they came out, one for me and one for my daughter. I've not touched mine, but she has enjoyed it. You're right about it getting challenging quickly, she has given up on it for now.

Comment

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search...0ADVENTURE.htm is ?8.99 at argos with lots of stock about, the keyboard is great and also works with android and ipad tablets too its a cool little pack containing the game keyboard and a stand for the DS.

My little boy likes this as he is currently into the black and white cartoon on Netflix and seems to want to play anything Pokemon related. as said it starts of simple but soon has you learning different typing techniques that require a great deal of speed and accuracy.

Comment

Didn't know it was in stock at Argos, think it may have been re-released or something as price is low at Argos/Amazon/CEX now, was never like that before April this year. Well worth nine quid for the keyboard alone.

Comment

its got a new style vip card in it like the ones introduced for 3ds games "red card type" so you may be right that this is a re release or it may just be Nintendo clearing there warehouses out of stock.

Comment

Gah, wish Amazon Canada had them.

Comment

Had no idea the keyboard works with other things. My girl has this and loves it but I may steal that keyboard at some point. It's a fun game and great for helping kids get familiar with a keyboard (which may not exist as an input device in 20 years...).

Comment

Sold! http://instagram.com/p/f8GQofyIO1/ Always room for PKMN'z

Comment

Also, we did a review of this: http://www.bordersdown.net/content/2...ew-Nintendo-DS

Comment

Ah I didn't realise that Charles. Well worth the nine quid from Argos from anyone dithering.

Comment

Didn't mean anything by it. Just pointing it out - it was the Japan version.

Comment

I know. Guess the all English version is a bit easier, but regarding difficulty I don't think I got a gold level after the first four stages, and that was without any spelling mistakes at all, purely down to speed/time. Who would of thought a second playthrough would be needed

Comment

Working...
                        X