Murdered: Soul Suspect review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murdered: Soul Suspect review

So, working my way through this and it's quite the odd little title. As most will know, you play a cop called Ronan who dies right at the very start of the game. His mission is to uncover his killer in the small town of Salem over the course of the night.

The game is very dated in terms of execution, I've read some describe it as being best considered to be a digital novel which probably best describes it. The game features no combat or puzzles as such throughout. You wander about town and locations listening to townsfolks thoughts and picking up collectibles. As you progress you uncover more about the lead up to your death and your past history with the greatest danger you face being the odd demon. Demons require you to use hiding portals to sneak up behind and then vanquish by pressing a directional button and an action button together, it's beyond basic and comes with no real danger.

You also investigte crime scenes in a similar manner to LA Noire and like that they're impossible to fail with just a grading being affected by your decision of evidence you've found. In essence it's barely a game and is very rudamentarily put together, I am enjoying it though. I think just because it's such a change of pace if anything. Certainly don't feel compelled to get the next gen versions and also not to pay full price.
    1 - A Phantom Pain
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    5 - Ghost like Swayze
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 - Real Ghostbuster
    0%

Finshed this now, it's pretty short and linear but I'd be lying if I didn't say I enjoyed its kooky story and relaxed form of gaming.

Comment

I like solving the deaths of other ghosts but it's a shame there's only 4.

The premise is brilliant but ironically the game needs a bit more life.

I've just reached the cemetery and I don't feel like I'm working towards anything in an efficient manner. At points it just feels like the developers forced things together rather then letting them come together in a more natural way.

Games not bad though and it's quite gripping and interesting enough for me to keep going.
      Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 12-06-2014, 13:03.

Comment

Working...
      X