Terra Battle - A Sakaguchi Joint review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terra Battle - A Sakaguchi Joint review

I think F2P mobile games are mostly worthless and promote bad design. Therefore I'm somewhat surprised that I've been enjoying Terra Battle a whole lot.

It is a party based strategy RPG lite. There is a grid on the screen and you move your characters around it to surround enemies. When an enemy has a party member on either side of them vertically or horizontally, the party members attack (and vice versa). If there are any other party members on the same axis as the attacking characters, they link and charge up attacks to create a combo.

Battles advance you through the story and there are also exp increasing side quests. You spend currency to recruit new party members who advance through various jobs.

The gameplay is pretty light and enjoyable. You have to think about positioning a lot and it is very easy to let a whole battle go side ways if you don't position your troops well.

The character art is mostly done by Kimihiko Fujisawa and look awesome. It may sound lame but part of the reason I'm still playing is to see the characters pop up.

I can recommend it if you're looking for something light and easy to play with wicked art and a decent for a phone battle/puzzle system. They are quite generous with giving you currency and are unlocking loads of stuff as it is downloaded more. It does use stamina though so you can only spend so long with it in one sitting but it refills at a decent rate if you are just dipping in and out.

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
Working...
X